Changing address

Hi

I've moved 3 times over the last 10 years and Derbyshire just update it when I renew or put in a variation,but beside that I informed them without delay on the day I moved or the day after at the latest.i asked why they didn't need to change it on the licence and she said they have the up to date info so that will suffice.the first time I did this I thought it may cause confusion when buying bullets from the gun shop as they record bullets I buy on the sytem but there was no problem I just told them I had moved address and they updated their bullet register,maybe it's different in other areas,

Atb 223

Hi

Nope each time I've moved I phoned to give them my new address they just asked me the location of the cabinet and ammo safe and how ive fixed it to the wall then that's that, no one has ever been to check even when upgraded to a larger safe when I went entered the world of fac aswell as sgc,it's supprised me to be honest, the only time I hear from of see a feo is when it's renewal time,my mate has had the same reaction too in the past but apparently when he renewed his sgc earlier this month the feo was rather intrusive regarding questions asking if he argued with the mrs, or did he have any grudges with anyone etc,my third renewal is due in feb next year so we shall have to see how they perform,

Atb 223

i moved house in march, i only have a sgc.

I have a mate who works for a firearms licensing department in a different area to where i live, he told me that i would need to put my guns at an rfd or loan them to him , then tell my feo i have moved and wait for them to come and inspect the cabinet and reissue my sgc then i could get my guns back.

as it turned out all i did was ring up my feo, she just wanted me to send the sgc back for them to change the address and she didn't bother coming to look at my cabinet in my new house.........she said she might have done if i had a FAC but as i only had a sgc she was quiet happy. another friend helped me move house, he has a sgc and fac and he held the guns whilst we moved the cabinet into my new house

If you're moving from one force area to another then you will need to let the new force know you are moving in to their area, and they will need to issue you with an FAC, and you will need to return your FAC to the previous force. Make sure that you keep a copy of your FAC, as they may well try and put different conditions on.

Iv informed both forces that I'm moving and Staffordshire firearms department said they are just waiting got my file to arrive from the west mids so just gotta wait now and would I still be able to use my rifle whole I'm changing forces and address

Ok could I put the safe in my new house and keep my rifle in it or not

yes mate get the safe in asap and put your rifle in, you still hold a ticket. the fao might come out and see or he might not, when i moved i just got it fixed to the wall and got the guns in asap no problem, at the end of the day the guns are your responsibility. :thumbs: