Lamps

Hi I am starting lamping this season. I am woundering which is the best lamp to start. I don't want to pay that much for one.

Also what training can I do with my lurcher. He is 6 month old collie x greyhound. I wouldn't know about starting lurchers or anything

Thanks

For a lamp you would be better off buying somthing good! Lightforce striker 170 with perhaps a lithium battery.... i started off with a clu lite lamp and battery which cost £105 and later on ditched it and bought a Lightforce for £110 i think and splashed out and bought a 22ah lithium for £230......... dont buy a clu lite bottom line lol

I bought one of them clulite led lamps earlier this year and am impressed with it good for a couple of hundred yards tight beam small and light and lasts for 3 hours on a charge.cost me 45 quid new.More than good enough for a starter lamp.

I bought one of them clulite led lamps earlier this year and am impressed with it good for a couple of hundred yards tight beam small and light and lasts for 3 hours on a charge.cost me 45 quid new.More than good enough for a starter lamp.

Aye not a bad lamp untill you go into a large enough field and bam! rabbit missed! Happend me too many times

Buy the best possible lamping set up you can afford, because if you get the lamping "bug" and you've only bought a cheap lamp, you will definately be getting rid of it and upgrading !! If you find that lampings not for you, you can allways sell a good lamp and get at least most of your money back ! The choice of lamp is up to the individual; I use a 240 Blitz; some find them to big, but the beam is unbeatable !

Cheers.

Im also looking to get a new lamping setup ready for the coming season.

Ive always fancied the Blitz 240 but worried as alot of people say its too big... Can a beam be too bright or too wide for small fields? Or is it just the physical size?

I dont mind carrying a big lamp pyhysically, doesnt bother me that much.

I've currently got a Coleman 400,000cp lamp and 12v 9ah sealed battery. It does me ok. Its brighter than the lightforce lance, not quite as good as the striker though. I quite often lose things on the lamp due to my beam not stretching far enough and some of our fields are quite big and my lamp wont see the far hedgrow well enough.

Can you get the Blitz in a variable and would this be ok for small fields too?

Gaz