any young lads?

Its all part of the aprenticeship sambo,we've all had to go down same road,if it was that easy it would'nt be the same,like the lads have said when you do get some you'll appreciate it and look after it,when you've got some wheels if your still stuck PM me and i'll sort you summat as long as you dont abuse it :victory:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar situation here lads, not long pasted my test and thinks are looking up mooching about here there and anywere and the permision is slowly coming in. Spent many a day in the same helpless disheartening mindset as you lads and no how it is. If you young uns fancy a get together and an exchange of some sport Pm me and we'll sort sumat out.

Its always a worry when they say im filling sore someone help me uncle Johnathon says bend over!!!!

My botty hurts....

JD will you leave our youth alone?????

Write another book about fox poo or something but these kids love you!!!!!

For gods sake he was caught with a gimp mask and knew not why he had it!

keep at it kid we all had 2 start like this it can and only will get better goodluck :D

Guest ragumup
Its all part of the aprenticeship sambo,we've all had to go down same road,if it was that easy it would'nt be the same,like the lads have said when you do get some you'll appreciate it and look after it,when you've got some wheels if your still stuck PM me and i'll sort you summat as long as you dont abuse it :victory:

I'm suddenly a young lad can you sort me summat out :hmm::D;)

Im 16 also and it is shite, i got the courage to ask a farmer if he wanted any of his rabbits sorted out yesterday he said 'yeah crack on mate', he said if i wanted to clear some rats and crows out for him aswell, wots the worste they can say no. my first permission betta not mess it up tho :icon_eek:

Edited by Bona
Guest MOLLY

You will be learning loads without even knowing it, especially at your age.

I think most people here started off as youngsters walking miles with a dog in tow. A dying trend now thanks to computer games etc.

You are unique in this day and age, dont stop.

MOLL.

You will be learning loads without even knowing it, especially at your age.

I think most people here started off as youngsters walking miles with a dog in tow. A dying trend now thanks to computer games etc.

You are unique in this day and age, dont stop.

MOLL.

thanks ur all too kind lol . and ye i think im a dying breed. no1 round here into this game. had a stroke of luck yesterday though. not exactly sport but was quite interesting. took my dogs for a walk in some woods near mine and found an old air raid shelter.the dogs "fell down" the air raid shelter. well thats what i thought. i heard a strange squealing noise and when i went down into the shelter my dogs nd a mates wer ragging on something. a friend of mine picked it up and chucked it up top .it came into the light and i noticed it was a fox cub the size of a large cat. ..something different i suppose. its death was a mercy anyway i think because it had fell down it self and couldnt get back up to the top. cheers everybody. if any body local needs some help ratting e.g just pm me ill think the world of it. sambo :)

• 3 months later...

Its called an apprenticeship chaps.... forget about big bags, learn to catch in places where there is very little game and you will do very well when you eventually reach places that are over-run. I can remember when i would be hunting saturday and sunday for just one rabbit...and a hare or a fox was beyond my wildest dreams..... :big_boss: I think thats why i have always stuck with it....i know some lads that have been handed large bags of game/lots of permission on a aplate from an early age and they just drifted away....too easy for them......

keep at it.... :thumbs: JD

i have all ready replied to this on my fathers name but here it goes again im 18 and have been luckky enough to go out with my father and his mates as jdarcy said it is all part of the apprentice i have learned alot over the last few years going out with my old man and his mates but learn somthing new everytime im out im more than happy carrying the gear or holding the terriers as i know i will be taught well keep at it lads :thumbs:

alright fellas, i'm only young and have a saluki cross and a patt i use for digging, also another patt on the way. ive hunted my area over the last few years and i get quite a good tally for the small amount of land i hunt, no major numbers but enough to keep me keen, however i spend every spare minute in the countryside so i suppose it all boils down to getting out what you put in, good luck :thumbs:

I'm fifteen and i guess i'm prety lucky cos my grandad has a good bit of land and since i got my first terrier in july i've been spending as much time as possible in the fields even being late for sunday lunch :laugh: at the moment i'm just lerning where most of the wild life is and my dog isn't fast enough yett to catch anything but were both learning and so in a few years time fingers crossed we'll be much better at it than we are now! :thumbs:

Brilliant posts lads ,yous could be doing a lot worse,keep your heads up and bull on.My mate has an apprentice working for him and he says he s stoned from friday night till sunday night,my mate says "well Chris good weekend"?

Chris says"yeah Jonny wiped out all weekend can t remember a thing" :blink:

Jonny says"Chris have abit of sense sure ill get you a dog and you can get out with me at the weekends"

Chris"Na mate can t be bohered".

Non-motivational syndrome its called, caused by too much sampling :thumbdown:

Keep till the mouching about with the dogs :clapper: whats the worst can happen,some big farmer will tell you to go and get stuffed whooooooo,scarey shit en it,im sure yous will get used to it :thumbs: