My Hutch Ready For Kits Comein

All good comments,just keep things simple, I would do away with the digging area, find a corner where you think they will do their business, buy two cheap cat litter trays, screw one down, and the other fits inside, stops them dragging it.

Buy a bag of wood based cat litter, if your lucky they will use it.

I just use wood shavings for bedding,

And as been said, get some weld mesh for the fronts.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of my hutch, i like to have different levels with ramps up gets the ferrets really strong and fit. On my hutch i made it in 2 parts as i wanted to have a means of cleaning them out without

It's really really nice, to see someone that has put some real thought and time into making their ferret hutch.

Looks good mate looks like a luxury home

Fair enough, Shavings is not a problem for me also, my two use the litter tray, and i find the cat litter soaks up everything really well, and they dont scrape it out, and at £3 a bag, lasts for ages.

But if shavings is what you want to use, then it will be okay, its just another idea.

Once a week i lift out the tray, empty into a bin bag replace with four handfulls of cat litter, takes mins, jobs done.

• Like 1

THE HUTCH IS NOW FITTED WITH PROPER WELD MESH THAT YOU LADS HAVE BEEN BANGING ON ABOUT, ILL GET THE PICS ON ASAP, I GOT A ALBINO HOB DROPPED OFF THE OTHER DAY OFF A LAD ON THIS SITE, HE SAW YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE, SAW MY HUTCH AND RETURNED THE NEXT DAY WITH THE MESH AND BOLTCROPPERS AND CUT IT ALL TO THE RIGHT SIZE FOR ME, IM WELL PLEASED WITH THE FINISHED HUTCH, VERY MUCH APRISATE HIS TIME AND HELP, THANK YOU BROONBALL :toast: ..HERES A FEW PICS OF MY KITS...

MY JILLS, THELMA & LOUISE .......TL1.jpg[/img]

HOB AND JILLS, ROAUL, THELMA & LOUISE.......RTL2.jpg[/img]

ROAUL IS 8WKS AND MY JILLS 7.5WKS

• Like 1

THE HUTCH IS NOW FITTED WITH PROPER WELD MESH THAT YOU LADS HAVE BEEN BANGING ON ABOUT, ILL GET THE PICS ON ASAP, I GOT A ALBINO HOB DROPPED OFF THE OTHER DAY OFF A LAD ON THIS SITE, HE SAW YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE, SAW MY HUTCH AND RETURNED THE NEXT DAY WITH THE MESH AND BOLTCROPPERS AND CUT IT ALL TO THE RIGHT SIZE FOR ME, IM WELL PLEASED WITH THE FINISHED HUTCH, VERY MUCH APRISATE HIS TIME AND HELP, THANK YOU BROONBALL :toast: ..HERES A FEW PICS OF MY KITS...

MY JILLS, THELMA & LOUISE .......TL1.jpg[/img]

HOB AND JILLS, ROAUL, THELMA & LOUISE.......RTL2.jpg[/img]

ROAUL IS 8WKS AND MY JILLS 7.5WKS

nice kits mate hope they do you proud out in the feild atb with them :thumbs: Edited by theferreter

it cost nothing but time to help someone out who shows interest. Them jills look great I'm tryin to get a polecat jill kit once iv homed my last two hob kits.struggling atm tho due to time wasters, iv turned people away yourself included because people had asked for them. Properly irritating!anyway good luck and good idea with the gate problem. Cheers john

its nice to see someone putting the effort in and thinking about getting everything ready befor they arrive . some good advice here from other people im sure you will make alterations as and when it needs it if it does, one thing i will say tho is that ferrets are very very persistant and will not give up until they are free , k.i.s.s is so true . all the best and keep us updated .