tredmills

Guest world.hunters

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personaly would never use one, i have a terrible memory and the thought of forgeting i had left my dog on one fills me with dread. im not saying that there not usefull, just not for me.

plenty of alternitives, walk it, run it, behind a bike, or behind a car on a road thats not in regular use. you can veary the speed.

With the Irish weather they're damn handy,it rains here for bloody weeks sometimes.A fast trot and a steady pace is great to keep em relaxed,but they got to empty out first,most important.

personally i enjoy a walk with my dogs ...........no tred mill here ........lazy mans toy :big_boss:

what if you have several dogs and a spell of bad weather ? do you take each dog out and get soaked through and freezing(yourself and dogs)....or maintain a decent level of fitness on a mill...makes perfect sense to me

If its not your way its wrong I suppose,I had 6 dogs at one time and I get home from work at 5.30 Stick a dog on the mill once its had a fast walk around the block and get the son to stay with it and talk to it while its going at a steady pace,then I'm out walking 3 more,when I come back put 1 more on the mill and clean kennels and ferret boxes,all the dogs get exercised that way,Then Saturday all the mutts get a morning in the forestry.Nothing wrong with mills CBC