Polecat with red eyes

Its what they call a mitt, basically any colour ferret other than albino can throw the red eyes, theres usually some white points on the ferrets as well, top of the head, insides of the back legs , feet or the odd toe, its very common & some ferrets shw the deep ruby red eyes more than others :thumbs:

my sandy jill has ruby red eyes is that similar?

A dark albino probably.

Never seen a polecat with red eys and would be very interested to see some proper pics of it,, be carefull taking the pics though,, all my pics of my spaniels has them with red eyes as well ! lol

i have an adult dog polecat with red eyes ,you can only see the red in good light,its eyes are visualy dark.he also has a white neck marking as kay stated,its brother was nearly black with normal black eyes.i have had a few over the years,polecat and sandys.

Albino's don't have red eyes, but the lack of pigment (main definition of albinism is a lack of pigmentation, hence the white coat) means you can see the colour of the blood vessels behind the eye. Most ferrets have eyes that appear a deep ruby red in certain light, it's the same blood vessels that seem darker because they are viewed through pigmented eyes.

• Like 1