Recommendations for a decoying bag / Advice please

Hi all :D

My existing Pigeon decoying bag / sack has finally fallen to pieces and i am looking to replace it.

I am thinking of buying the jack pyke maxi decoy bag as it seems quite sturdy and holds a fair bit of kit.

I was just wondering if anybody has tried this or a similar bag , or can reccommend another. The main problem for me is that, I dont have access to a 4/4 so all my gear has to be carried by myself and pulled on a trolly to the shoot.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

John :hmm:

http://jackpyke.co.u...&productId=1746

Edited by mjr88

when out pigeon shooting we use the jack pike decoy bag with a big blue barrel in side to hold cartridges and decoys in. when in the hide we use it as a seat ( you can put a piece of foam in between the bag and barrel to to make it comfier). then when finished shooting you can put all your dead bird into it. also if you go out wildfowling you can take it with out the barrel and there's lots of room for your ducks and geese.

hope you find the right bag.

Edited by ferretmad

Mine is that size but a mesh material i get 33 full body decoys in it with twenty shells and my nets mate . then another bag to carry my poles the gun a game bag with shells and a flask ,and hopefully room to carry my birds home :laugh:

Mine is that size but a mesh material i get 33 full body decoys in it with twenty shells and my nets mate .

Thanks, just the info i was after. 33 full body decoys and a net is probably a bit more than i will be taking to the shoot anyway,

John :thumbs:

Have a few of these for goose decoys. There superb! I have the extra large ones, there the only thing I could get to take the abuse of carryin big spreads of goose coys without the handles comin off. Even got one with two handles one on either side, we use it when were shootin outa the layout blinds, take a handle each and one run down the field does all. Its massive holds 3 dozen shells and 2 dozen collapse-able full body goose coys. If you know anyone goin to america there worth havin. Atb Mark

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Hunting-Decoys/Decoy-Bags%7C/pc/104791680/c/104714280/sc/104291280/Cabelas-Northern-Flight-Square-Bottom-Decoy-Bag/707194.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fhunting-hunting-decoys-decoy-bags%2F_%2FN-1100091%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104291280%3Fsadid%3D44000000015055029%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104791680%253Bcat104714280&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104791680%3Bcat104714280%3Bcat104291280

• 3 weeks later...

i got myself a large ex arm rucksack. think its arount 70/80ltrs. wasn't cheep, round £50 but its perfect. fits nets, plenty of decoys, flask cartridges...

its also waterproof and has external zips to attach extra pockets. another great feature is that it has an internal padded metal frame to keep the back of it flat and comfortable on youf back when carrying.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scramble

As already stated an army kit bag for £14.00 work brilliantly. I have 10 full bodies and 20 something shells, plus pegs, lunch, crow decoys, spare bag, seat, watetproofs etc all crammed in.

Cant go wrong for that price, also they are made from 1000d cordura, waterproof and will last for years

SCRAMBLE