Lads on here who are taking part

With me later this June on our Wildlife and Maintainance Program up in Dumfries,

Please note the midges are horrendous at present and so are the ticks.

In other words come prepared with midge net etc , thin gloves and repellant by the bucket full.

Also you need some work gear so not to ruin your best stalking clothes along with waterproofs.

Cheers

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

They were bad in Fife the other night wee buggers drive you insane . Avon skin so soft it works a treat and its not badly priced,it even makes Tam smell nice ha ha.

A few drams always helps me .

Keep smiling Hoolit

Here on Ardnamurchan, we were driving back from the pub tonight and you could see the clouds of midges hovering over the road. A mile stretch and the cloud was continuous!

Can't even step outside for a few moments to enjoy the view without being eaten alive!

I'd definitely recommend midge jackets. I've not found any repellent that works, except for boiling up a good lot of bog myrtle and smearing it all over yourself. That's no problem except you get eaten in the time it takes to gather the bog myrtle!

Here on Ardnamurchan, we were driving back from the pub tonight and you could see the clouds of midges hovering over the road. A mile stretch and the cloud was continuous!

Can't even step outside for a few moments to enjoy the view without being eaten alive!

I'd definitely recommend midge jackets. I've not found any repellent that works, except for boiling up a good lot of bog myrtle and smearing it all over yourself. That's no problem except you get eaten in the time it takes to gather the bog myrtle!

Sounds like they were the friendly variety that just give you a gentle suck.

The scientist reckon its only the females that bite, the must be a huge population of the fanny leg sucking b*****ds about because everytime i go out they attack me with a vengeance.

I use some cut off on the wifes tights to go over my hands which works ok. I thought about using the crutch part to go over my head but had second thought on that one. I am sure it would work and keep the midges of but not sure if I am kinky enough to try it. :boogy:

Edited by Caprelous
  • Like 1

oh go on you you want to caps..lol

Its not the midges I would worry about if I did its the flys that would let on me .

you know what those black flies are like letting on wrotten fish i took one kiff and they smelled like the inside lining of a chinese juglers jock strap or the inside of a shithouse door of a fleetwood trawler I could not make my mind up which though. :cray:

Edited by Caprelous
they smelled like the inside lining of a chinese juglers jock strap

Not asking how you know what one of those smells like!

After meeting Rum midges, anything else is a piece of p**s! The little buggers will bite you through a mozzie net if it gets too close to your skin!