new to ferreting help needed

i am new to ferreting i have 2 jills and a hob they are 11 months old i have had them out a few times but ive had nothing yet. I was wandering if theres anything i could be doing wrong and if theres any tips or advice anyone could give me thanks

i am new to ferreting i have 2 jills and a hob they are 11 months old i have had them out a few times but ive had nothing yet. I was wandering if theres anything i could be doing wrong and if theres any tips or advice anyone could give me thanks

they are rabbit holes right ???????

Do the ferrets eat any rabbit? Sometimes, if you feed them rabbit they will associate the smell of the rabbit with food which means they will work better when underground and not miss any rabbits that are in stop ends. Try only ferreting the holes that look used/fresh, even though it isn't the right time of year for it.

this time of year it can be very difficult to ferret as the rabbits are in prime breeding time most ferreters will have put the gear away fro the summer as there are lots of problems associated with ferreting at this time of the year. it can also lead to your ferrets staying down as they can easily kill the youngsters and a doe that wont move off the nest. my advice to you would be to leave it a few months till late spetember then try and get out with someone then it may prove to be a lot more productive.

dont get me wrong i have a do ferret when required in the summer but i have permissions that need working and a full set of collars for the animals i work in case the above happens all ther best mate

• Like 1