Whins exploits on land, sea, home and abroad

There you go whin, I've dedicated a whole thread for you to fill your boots. Pull up yer soap box and we will all sit back and decipher err I mean enjoy your ramb.... stories ;)

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just glad ill never get to meet any of these internet legends thank feck.

Tell them about the time you took the lobster on the fly whin. It's a belter, I'll start it for you since you've went all shy..... I was out in me creel boat, waves were lashing off the bow, 7 miles f

Posted Images

Tell them about the time you took the lobster on the fly whin. It's a belter, I'll start it for you since you've went all shy..... I was out in me creel boat, waves were lashing off the bow, 7 miles from the nearest land. Had caught a couple of Atlantic salmon with my long net and a minky whale with a purse net when the biggest wave I ever saw, side swiped the boat, washing all my gear overboat, even my 3 lurchers struggled to stay onboard... What was I to do with no gear and 21 days of fishing ahead of me.... Then I remembered me cane fly rod I got as a wedding present. Cane rods were just out then and I wasn't too sure about it's capabilities but I wasn't going to give up now..... Over to you whin.....

• Like 9

Tell them about the time you took the lobster on the fly whin. It's a belter, I'll start it for you since you've went all shy..... I was out in me creel boat, waves were lashing off the bow, 7 miles from the nearest land. Had caught a couple of Atlantic salmon with my long net and a minky whale with a purse net when the biggest wave I ever saw, side swiped the boat, washing all my gear overboat, even my 3 lurchers struggled to stay onboard... What was I to do with no gear and 21 days of fishing ahead of me.... Then I remembered me cane fly rod I got as a wedding present. Cane rods were just out then and I wasn't too sure about it's capabilities but I wasn't going to give up now..... Over to you whin.....

:laugh:

post-896-0-43892400-1338888627.jpg

• Like 7

But he did own and run a top bitch, collie cross, called Lana, yes I have spent a few hours with Whin, some times he is hard to listen to, But he does get out and

does what he says, I saw him with my own eyes working and making his own Lobster creels, if he would only take a back seat, now and again, in my opinion, he should not have come in on a very good thread on the minshaws, they are rabbit dogs and able to take Hares under the lamp, the latter not my cup of tea, and believe it or not

when you have a dog that can master that great wee warrior, the greatest mammal to test any dog in daylight, then rabbits are only a training stunt, yes you have a bit of excitement with them and they make a very tasty meal (( Rabbits that is) and as for the mighty deer in day light a total different ball game,,,, but sadly at night truth they bounce of the fences, so when you have the dog that can do his job in daylight HE OR SHE IS THE MASTER, and the way I hunt is only for the table and to have the craic with like minded people,,,, in truth Whin can do his job, and he has another very useful dog called Rex,,, well he did have,, I do not know if he is still in his kennels, and seeing this is only the internet,,,,, there is MORE RUBBISH DOGS bred now, than ever has been,, and on the other hand there is some brilliant dogs, like the Mighty Lucas,, now he is the dog, at this moment of time,,,,

• Like 2

I don,t care if Whin has run the best , most sua dupa dogs that have ever lived I dont care if he wrestled gators or head butted grizzlies , he has no right to look down his nose and belittle any one who takes the time to put a post up on here .

• Like 5

But he did own and run a top bitch, collie cross, called Lana, yes I have spent a few hours with Whin, some times he is hard to listen to, But he does get out and

does what he says, I saw him with my own eyes working and making his own Lobster creels, if he would only take a back seat, now and again, in my opinion, he should not have come in on a very good thread on the minshaws, they are rabbit dogs and able to take Hares under the lamp, the latter not my cup of tea, and believe it or not

when you have a dog that can master that great wee warrior, the greatest mammal to test any dog in daylight, then rabbits are only a training stunt, yes you have a bit of excitement with them and they make a very tasty meal (( Rabbits that is) and as for the mighty deer in day light a total different ball game,,,, but sadly at night truth they bounce of the fences, so when you have the dog that can do his job in daylight HE OR SHE IS THE MASTER, and the way I hunt is only for the table and to have the craic with like minded people,,,, in truth Whin can do his job, and he has another very useful dog called Rex,,, well he did have,, I do not know if he is still in his kennels, and seeing this is only the internet,,,,, there is MORE RUBBISH DOGS bred now, than ever has been,, and on the other hand there is some brilliant dogs, like the Mighty Lucas,, now he is the dog, at this moment of time,,,,

nae disrespect border lad but i wouldnt say a dog that does hare and deer preban during the day is a master i would say its no a bad dog seen plenty deer bounce of fences during the day.Not bringing you or whin down i would say the man has good dogs and does his bit but let other people get on with it and rabbits can be hard at times especially the numbers these boys are getting atb and happy hunting
  • Like 3