washing and lubeing pellets?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't see why washing and lubing pellets is not worth doing, apart from those that say it doesn't make any difference or its a waists of time.   I wouldn't say its a ritual either when people do

Thinking about it, this weekend it will be a good test of the pellet weight theory as we are not setting the course up to standard HFT rules (unless Davy has changed his mind) so we will be shooting f

Roughly the same for nappy's eh Buster.

what do you use to wash them? warm water? washing up liquid?

and what do you use for lube buster? napier like mole?? any other good 'lubes'?

I wash them in luke warm water with a drop of washing up luqid in . I gently `swirl` them around untill they are clean . Once they have been washed , i run the cold tap on them to wash away the soap suds . I pour the water out and empty them onto a tea towel , gently rolling them around to take away access water . I give them a rol in a kitchen towel and pour onto a paper plate , to sit by the boiler and dry over night . Once im happy that their dry and clean , i have a plastic bag which i give about 5 `sprays` of pellet lube . I carefully empty the pellets into the bag , seal it , and roll the pellets round untill each is covered in the lube . I again give them 24 hrs on a paper plate to dry , and put back in a clean tin . Try it , you`ll be supprised .

I wash them in luke warm water with a drop of washing up luqid in . I gently `swirl` them around untill they are clean . Once they have been washed , i run the cold tap on them to wash away the soap suds . I pour the water out and empty them onto a tea towel , gently rolling them around to take away access water . I give them a rol in a kitchen towel and pour onto a paper plate , to sit by the boiler and dry over night . Once im happy that their dry and clean , i have a plastic bag which i give about 5 `sprays` of pellet lube . I carefully empty the pellets into the bag , seal it , and roll the pellets round untill each is covered in the lube . I again give them 24 hrs on a paper plate to dry , and put back in a clean tin . Try it , you`ll be supprised .

Roughly the same for nappy's eh Buster. :D

• Like 1

Bloody Hell Craig i've always shot straight from the Tin, Never cleaned or lubed pellets in 32 years of shooting, Only thing i do is bin miss formed and damaged pellets :hmm:

Now when i shoot powder burners and Shotguns that's a Different kettle of Fish altogether, Due to Propellents and high explosion of Bullets and 12g cartridges so clean

every thing and inspect everything but pellets? :laugh::tongue2: Must be a Target Tart :wub: thing

atvb Daz 7. :ninja:

Edited by Daz 7
  • Like 1

Roughly the same for nappy's eh Buster. :D

Very good lol

Bloody Hell Craig i've always shot straight from the Tin, Never cleaned or lubed pellets in 32 years of shooting, Only thing i do is bin miss formed and damaged pellets :hmm:

Now when i shoot powder burners and Shotguns that's a Different kettle of Fish altogether, Due to Propellents and high explosion of Bullets and 12g cartridges so clean

every thing and inspect everything but pellets? :laugh::tongue2: Must be a Target Tart :wub: thing

atvb Daz 7. :ninja:

Well I did it once and noticed a difference , it's quick ans easy enough for a new tin , so I do it with all the new tins I buy .

I'm with Graig on this. When i get a new tin i empty into a jam jar sized jar followed by a couple of drops of washing up liquid (whatever fruit smelling liquid that has seduced the wife this week) with hot/warm water. I have the water as hot as i can stand, then i swirl them around by replacing the lid and carefully swishing them about to dislodge any loose bits. I then drain and repeat another two times, then i empty onto a plate with several layers of tissue. With a couple of sheets i put ontop of the pellets to soak up what water i can, then i use a hairdryer to dry them completley. I have also washed and dried my pellet tin (i have a screw lidded tin) as a lot of tins are just push-on which i hate. If the pellets come in push on lids then i wash them and then replace them in a screw lid.

I now put the washed pellets into my tin and i then spray a couple of shots of silicone spray that i have for this purpose. I suggest you wash your pellets and dry them fully, then look at how horrible and dry they are (they must be like a file going down my barrel) this is why i lube mine.

I have never done a chrono test on both to see if it make a blind bit of difference, one day i must. I once read about some star in the shooting world washed his pellets and at the time i had a tin of pellets that looked dry, so washed and have never looked back. I don't know if it makes a difference, but it does in my head so i'll keep on doing it.

ATVB

Roger

Skot, Si did a little tutorial on one of his channels a couple of years back, step by step :yes:

I've never done it myself because if I started that malarky I'd wind up buying a set of scales and a Vernier Caliper! (well have one of those but not the scales).

The grouping with the tin of washed and lubed RWS Superfields that Si gave me produced an 8mm 10 shot string E2E print on paper targets at 30 yards. But as a hunter that extra mm or two is neglidgable on the quarry at nominal range. Paper on the other hand, every fraction of a mm counts :yes: If I were a serious competition shooter I'd follow his lead and go the whole hog, wash, dry, weigh, size, lube etc......

@Buster

These Crosman Premiers that I've been using Craig (same as Mike) are sparkling clean! I've never seen a tin that hasn't left lead particulates in the tin until I got my mits on these!

My problem with bits in the CPUM's are when I knock over the tin or raise my left arm ablove the horizontal without the pouch being closed (they tend to fall out on the ground).

I once was advised by a commercial GS to squirt a bit of WD40 or furniture polish into the tins, did it with Mil Cals (dont laugh!!!) results were similar to non polished tins so never bothered after that.

Tony

I watched Si's video a while back and tried it with some JSBs (177) the groupings were the same as far as I could make out maybe its a single shot thing, for target shooting

ATB

Adam

The Li's i use are Made By Crossman for Daystate and are the Old Accupell clones before the Dies got worn :yes:

Must admit not much Debris in the Tins, Also My Rapid loves the Bis mags which are really clean.

Has i mainly Hunt i don't bother washing pellets.

atvb Daz 7.

Edited by Daz 7