GPS / Tracking collars.

Just out of interest, does or has, anyone on here used a tracking collar on their dog/s?

I've been out once with some lads that used them to great effect, and the americans etc use them a lot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the aussies and kiwis use them on their pig dogs,as they can end up miles away, but I can't see much use for them on running dogs here in the UK.   Cheers.

Simo - that would be good mate, cheers!   Chart - Sorry, wasn't meant to be so cryptic. An example of their use would be, before the ban, running large quarry such as deer, with a dog in the daytime

red dawn, it was called loc8tor pet, it was no good for ferreting the thing didn't work underground lol i will dig it out put post up mate

Chart - I can, and if you cannot, maybe your not thinking hard enough.

Rob - Yes, but that's not what this thread is about.

Simo - thanks, but i suppose you cannot discuss this. Out of interest do you know what kit they use?

i know a few lads that are getting them this year for the hounds another lad over here has 1 for his hounds when they break from cover there surposed to be the dogs balls there getting there s from america think 600 dollers thats with 2 collers

Chart - I can, and if you cannot, maybe your not thinking hard enough.

Rob - Yes, but that's not what this thread is about.

Simo - thanks, but i suppose you cannot discuss this. Out of interest do you know what kit they use?

Sorry mate, to cryptic for me !! LOL !! Are you on about hounds ?

Cheers.

Simo - that would be good mate, cheers!

Chart - Sorry, wasn't meant to be so cryptic. An example of their use would be, before the ban, running large quarry such as deer, with a dog in the daytime, in wooded, or very rough undulating ground, and the dog being led on a merry dance out of your sight, and then pulling down the quarry. Obviously it could not be retrieved, and if the dog returned you could lose the quarry. So a gps would be handy. Another example might be hunting up on big old rough moors or mountainsides, and putting a fox up, and the hunt, leading the dog waaaaay out of your sight, it'd be nice to know which direction to start walking. Thats the best i can do on here mate.

Nancy - do you know what collars?

• Like 2

il try and find out tomorrow for ye mate. the mate seen a lad using one last season and they cover alot of land following the hounds all over the country but he said with these makes life alot easier