How put put land on fac form

How should i go about putting the land i have permission to shoot on onto my form its my first application and have all been cleared for the calibers im putting in for , its the keeper who has the shooting rights on the farms allowing me the permission to get a fac and shoot on there as i already do with my shootgun and air rifle , all the farm owners will have no issue with me getting a fac to use on there land but how should i go about filling in the form and also there isnt a great deal of room to fill it all in , would i be right in filling in on a seperate peice of paper the keepers name and address and contact details and the fact hes has the shooting rights and is allowing me permission to shoot on these farms and then the land owners and there addresses , should i put there contact details in as well as id rathher not bother them being very busy people who all do more than just farming any help would be very gratfull thanks and have been scratching my head with this one for a few weeks

I put "See attached" on the form and included a sheet of paper with each permission address and contact details on then also photocopied each permission form and included them. They seemed happy with that, I recon the more you make it easy the happier they are. It might be worth telling them the main one that is cleared for all calibres you are asking for so they just use that for the application, the reason being, I was told it would slow down my application if they waited for all the land enquirys to come back. All they were really interested was having 1 bit of land suitable for all the calibres to show reasonable cause for each one.

Thanks folks also while i remember is it ok if i use the keeper as one of my references as well as him being the person giveing me the permission or would you get someone else didnt know if it would help or hinder my application , im probable only going to put down 2 of the farms i think with one being the main one which is cleared for up to 308

and would you put just the keepers contact details for the land enenquirys or do i need to put the land owners contact details as well ???

You only need to actually have one piece of land on your application, and even that won't actually end up on your ticket unless they are being overly restrictive. Most closed certificates have the wording "where the holder has lawful authority to shoot, that has been deemed suitable by the Chief of Police for that area".

Stick your main one down on the application, then include the other locations as separate attachments so they can be checked/cleared as necessary.

You only need to actually have one piece of land on your application, and even that won't actually end up on your ticket unless they are being overly restrictive. Most closed certificates have the wording "where the holder has lawful authority to shoot, that has been deemed suitable by the Chief of Police for that area".

Stick your main one down on the application, then include the other locations as separate attachments so they can be checked/cleared as necessary.

As above , well that's what i done on my first application , and all went through without any problems

John :thumbs:

Edited by mjr88

So to summerise if i put on the form

"anywhere i have lawfull permission to shoot"

and then when the firearms chap come round give him the address of both the farms and also the contact details of the keeper who has the shooting rights and who is allowing me permission with the consent of the land owners to use the land for pest control

im also looking at doing a basc day course on firearms safety and handling as soon as i can which comes with a basc certificate upon satisfactoy completion which i can also show him and should help matters along

so will all the above be ok ???

and can i use the keeper as a reference as well as haveing him as the person granting me the shooting permission

Edited by AdamHall

No, just put the address/location of your main permission in the relevant box as they will class the ground on your form as "good reason". Give the FEO details of the other land when he comes out, or send copies in with your application.

As long as the keeper has known you long enough, it shouldn't be an issue. It's bound to be a good endorsement that somebody with experience of firearms is prepared to let you shoot on his land.

Edited by Tug

So to summerise if i put on the form

"anywhere i have lawfull permission to shoot"

and then when the firearms chap come round give him the address of both the farms and also the contact details of the keeper who has the shooting rights and who is allowing me permission with the consent of the land owners to use the land for pest control

im also looking at doing a basc day course on firearms safety and handling as soon as i can which comes with a basc certificate upon satisfactoy completion which i can also show him and should help matters along

so will all the above be ok ???

and can i use the keeper as a reference as well as haveing him as the person granting me the shooting permission

put as ive already said on the form and enclose all permission letters :thumbs:

So main land address with the keepers contact details and and enclose the other farm address on a seperate peice of paper ?? :hmm:

just put on the form where ever i have lawfull aurthority and enclose your permision letters with the application

I dont have any permission letters you see , the farmer lets who ever the keeper want shoot on there ie me so as the keeper has the shooing rights the farmer has very little to do with any shooting activaties apart from being notified when someones up there shooting so do i need a permission form with him as the land owner of from the keeper as the holder of the shooing rights is it just a case the farm address and the keepers details to contact and put some thing like

i keeper holder of shooting rights on said farm grant me permission to control pest species on said ground signed and dated buy th keeper ???or land owner or both ??

I dont have any permission letters you see , the farmer lets who ever the keeper want shoot on there ie me so as the keeper has the shooing rights the farmer has very little to do with any shooting activaties apart from being notified when someones up there shooting so do i need a permission form with him as the land owner of from the keeper as the holder of the shooing rights is it just a case the farm address and the keepers details to contact and put some thing like

i keeper holder of shooting rights on said farm grant me permission to control pest species on said ground signed and dated buy th keeper ???or land owner or both ??

if the lands keepered then just a letter off the keeper will surffice :thumbs: