lurcher stopping in the middle of a course

alright lads i have a lurcher pup well he 11months i brought him out lamping a few times and did a few courses but on a few times he stops in the middle of the run for no reason and comes back to me and he already caught a bunny and brought it back no problem.i dont no whats wrong wit him or do the lads the i hunt with.can anybody help me and fixed it or happen to them before.thank you

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were you raped by a saluki i think you may need some help or just someone to talk to about it.Its not good holding all of these feelings deep inside

It sounds like you have over matched it too early from your post and he is getting used to stuff getting away and not bothering......show him nothing for as long as possible and then try again would b

Firstly never run him with another dog mate. Just you and him, plenty of bonding and let him get used to what the lamp does and the lamping game works. Maybe still too young to be lamping with yet, gi

he is a salukiXwhippetXhound ya maybe brought him out a bit early but thought he after doin a bunny on the lamp already so thought he be ok i dont think he loose sight of the bunny but i just dont no just see if it happened to any of ye lads and wat ye done ....thanks

Edited to say I diddnt read post properly I thought you were running him day time lol than I would suggest waiting till next season and get him on some squatters

Edited by J.DOG

It sounds like you have over matched it too early from your post and he is getting used to stuff getting away and not bothering......show him nothing for as long as possible and then try again would be my tuppence worth.

Make choices for your dog with regards to how easy his runs are and the ground your running on, I.e. it's not worth running a dog with low confidence on a place like a golf course.

Think for your dog and if it ain't right, don't try him.

• Like 2

tryed runnin wit another dog and stopped to just dont no wat to thanks anyway

Firstly never run him with another dog mate. Just you and him, plenty of bonding and let him get used to what the lamp does and the lamping game works. Maybe still too young to be lamping with yet, give him time off for a few months and concerntrate on his training. Recall, retrieving, stockbreaking etc etc. 11 months is still very young and plenty of time yet.

• Like 1