snipped teeth

Guest norseman

This used to happen, when man was thick, i hope this practice stays in the dark ages with the old farts that used to do it

for one we have locators now to find our ferrets if a kill situation arises

also a well handled ferret would never bite you

so thats no argument either, to me the ferret is one of the best tools of its job and should be tret as such :yes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi mate, if you find out for sure that the guy snipped the teeth, then give him a boot in the balls from me next time you see him, he sounds like a prize w@nker.       Yours in sport Pernod

Anyone who does that should have all their teeth snapped, its barbaric.

The first fellow (and tosser) who sold me a ferret kit many years ago gave me his age old and expert advice -

Muzzle him up tight with wire before you put him down a hole

Feed it on bread and milk every other day

Always starve it the day before you hunt with (which would have ment no food for two days and then a full days work)

And keep it in the dark so it can see down holes :blink:

Things have improved for the ferret, but I feel they still dont get the respect they deserve all the time...

Least of all from people who sell them to anyone with a few bob at a game fair - That really really gets on my nerves.

Edited by Fat-Ferret
Guest norseman

had a good look at her yesterday, to my dissapointmeant she's had her teeth snipped, im gutted, especially when i got her for my first season of ferreting, and had her spayed too. ah well live and learn, still gonna keep her though :thumbs: thanks for all the comments, didnt realise the seriousness of this, as im new to this whole game.

should be taken down ffs guys get a grip

I disagree. :yes: The more people get to see that we've moved on from the dark ages of ferret keeping the better. The replies on this thread helps to show that most people who work their ferrets these days are as concerned about this type of thing happening as those who keep ferrets as pets and often see us as cruel and backward when it comes to our animals welfare. :thumbs:

I hope this topic will make people look into the mouths of kits or any ferret they intend to buy to make sure this painfull practise has not been inflicted on the ferret, I will never buy one again with its teeth snipped.

I would not give my money to such a bad breeder.

should be taken down ffs guys get a grip

I disagree. :yes: The more people get to see that we've moved on from the dark ages of ferret keeping the better. The replies on this thread helps to show that most people who work their ferrets these days are as concerned about this type of thing happening as those who keep ferrets as pets and often see us as cruel and backward when it comes to our animals welfare. :thumbs:

Well said Malt :thumbs:. This still goes on and if more people are informed then we can push this practice right back into the dark ages.

I agree malt,most of us treat our ferrets as good as anyone treats their pet,we just work them as well as own,care for and adore them,anyone thinkin we still feed them bread and milk or any of that stereotypical rubbish would do well to read a thread concerning a ferrets welfare and see how strong a response it provokes in defence of them,I for one think its pretty obvious how much people who work their ferrets care and hate this kind of thing...

Edited by web22

had a good look at her yesterday, to my dissapointmeant she's had her teeth snipped, im gutted, especially when i got her for my first season of ferreting, and had her spayed too. ah well live and learn, still gonna keep her though :thumbs: thanks for all the comments, didnt realise the seriousness of this, as im new to this whole game.

Good on you Norsman for sticking with her :yes: