Pike fishing on Windermere

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2012 at 11:34, 3175darren said:

Has anybody spent any time pike fishing Windermere,what I am trying to find out is where I could launch my little boat, where's the best place to fish, best method, I prefere lure fishing but willing to try dead baits, I have no knowledge of the lake as such, any info would be great,

just remember if you launch a boat with an outboard over a certain size you need an ssr number that boat is registered and also an icc to show you can be safe on the water.

pike fishing on windermere is rewarding if you know were to fish. if you don't then find an area with depths of no more than 14ft feed for few days fish for roach on hemp and maggot  this will bring the pike in to area then just fish for pike on 3rd day but keep feeding hemp in morning and night not easy but if you get it right boom big fish.

or you could book me to take you out were the big girls are hiding 

23 hours ago, paul dunstan said:

just remember if you launch a boat with an outboard over a certain size you need an ssr number that boat is registered and also an icc to show you can be safe on the water.

pike fishing on windermere is rewarding if you know were to fish. if you don't then find an area with depths of no more than 14ft feed for few days fish for roach on hemp and maggot  this will bring the pike in to area then just fish for pike on 3rd day but keep feeding hemp in morning and night not easy but if you get it right boom big fish.

or you could book me to take you out were the big girls are hiding 

This thread was posted in 2012 so I think the fishing trip has already passed or at least I hope so. 

Welcome aboard Paul, you are not the first to respond to a very old thread and you will not be the last ?

Phil