weed killer {burns}

Black wrecking it .. " don't itch it" lol , only if ..

Bearinator.. It's "seed bank" is 2 to 3 years, and if it's on a river bank, that seed bank will be restocked every summer when plants further upstream drop there seeds after flowering, theres thousands on every head.. It's not helped by folk cutting it once it's seeded and throwing there problem into the river just to make someone else's problems worse.. Learn to Id it early and spray it off, but u will end up having to do it every year.

Edited by alimac
  • Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:D  

i think this a good example of why they have proper training courses in spraying with chemicals my friend :rolleyes:

oh ive lerned my lesson next time ill get my mate to do it :laugh:

Posted Images

They recommend dressing like a nuclear physicist wearing disposable water proof coveralls and gloves when removing hogweed also goggles are recomended as the sap can cause blindness if it gets in your peepers... :icon_eek: .....definately not a job for a warm sunny day.

Any seed heads should be bagged up the stalks can be cut at ground level and stacked to dry out for burning on site at a later date the less cutting involved reduces the risk of sap splatter although the sap also comes from the small hairs on the stems and leaves so it should be handled with care and as little as possible... :thumbs:

In areas that have been cleared it is said that encouraging grass cultivation chokes out the seeds at the germination stage and makes it difficult for the hog weed to re-establish ...Buy I think that it would be the mowing process of the cultivated grass that would stop re-establishment rather than the grass impeding germination.

Edited by Night Hunter

im gonna rub some sap on labs bike seat , so when he rides around naked at night , he will get ring sting :laugh: :laugh:

:bad: :bad: :bad:

the sap can cause blindness if it gets in your peepers...

A couple of years ago I was cutting a hedge and cut through some euphorbia and got splashes of sap in my eyes. Within minutes they were burning like fu(k. Several bags of sterile water and lots of litmus test later ph got back to normal but had blistered iris. Certainly wouldn't want it again.

That's what it is then mucker, go back the doctors, the sapp from hog weed makes your skin photo sensitive which means when ever your skin in exposed to sun light your going to blister were ever the sap has touched you, it's bad stuff, should be injected like knot weed or sprayed, NEVER strimmed, I would kick your mate in his Ina knackers cos now even I tiny bit of sun your going to blister, it could last a few weeks or it could last a few years, all depends, you need to get yourself refered to a dermatologist ASAP, I can't even explain how bad the shit is,

Oh yeah, you better get a good supply of high factor sun cream, it's pretty much the only thing that's going to help ya when it's calmed down, if ya get owt like that again, just spray it with roundup 450 or even better, full suit, rubber gloves which cover ya wrist, eye protection and full face shield, and wellies, then inject the shit, when it's dead, collect it up (wearing all the same stuff) and burn the shit, and chuck a load of grass seed down, then do the same again the year after, IF it comes back.