Last nights arrivals

Another addition to the hawking/shooting team, just have to figure out which one :laugh:

It was a long night with my girl going into labour at 10.30 last night and she had her last pup about 3.30 this afternoon. At 4 this morning I thought it was over as mum was knackered as a breached massive pup and went to sleep. Back in at 6.45. and she suprised me with another two. Then another at 8.30. The last one was some point around 3.30 but that one didn't make it. The vet only thought 3 or 4 so 7 good ones was a shock!!

post-30005-0-47006300-1337978117.jpg

post-30005-0-02245200-1337978121.jpg

Edited by stoaty1

Very pleased for you Ian, these will make good falconry dogs whichever one you keep.

Lads I have a bitch from the last litter out Ian's Mia and am very pleased with her progress in the field under hawk and gun.

An amazing breed!

Waidmannsheil!!

What breed of dog im guessing a pointer of some description? I recently bought a vizsla pup and picked it at 3 weeks then visited every week and the poor breeder was run ragged by them its no easy buck breeding a litter and doing the job right. Good luck with them and your selection

cheers guys. They are slovakian rough haired pointers. Yes stroller once they start moving round the work level really picks up. Its not only mum who looks forward to them going at 8 weeks cause by then you wonder why you did it, lol.

Mike Mo is coming along really well. Last time we were out watching her mark the warrens was amazing and not one false mark all day long. Considering she was only 10 months old it was fantastic.

regards, ian

They have Weimaraner in the breed make up somewhere along the lines but are a steadier dog in general.

I am sure Ian can be more specific and give advice on sites to visit if interested.

I have been around a few weimaraner on small and large game ( my mother has a weimy dog too), and I must say the bitch I have here would run rings around them both at home and in the field.

Her coat will take some beating and the temperament is an absolute dream,very intelligent and quick to learn/eager to please.

Not as quick to mature as some breeds but why would we want to rush things lol.

Waidmannsheil!!

i have never owned a weim but ive seen 3 different dogs in the field and they were ok im not a fan as one of the b*****ds bit me as i walked past its owners car. So if you need a gaurd dog as well as a gundog then thats your breed :0)

in general slovacks are very laid back

that they are with a huge willingness to please. Mum has the temprement that everyone wants in a dog. As long as they are exercised properly they are great dogs to be round.

• Like 1