Tail docking ....

I want to do it myself , but the of few of the pups may not end up in working homes I hope she has a smaller litter so it's not the case , but I've heard if you get reported the fine is around 2 grand ??

You re homed the bitch and the pups and they where like that :thumbs:

• Like 1

I want to do it myself , but the of few of the pups may not end up in working homes I hope she has a smaller litter so it's not the case , but I've heard if you get reported the fine is around 2 grand ??

don't think anything will happen to u

For docking her 8 puppies tails a 51 year old woman from Brighton was jailed for 2 months on each charge (each sentence to run concurrent), banned from keeping any animal for 10 years and also incurred Court costs (I think in the region of £2-3,000).

A 37 year old farmer from Perthshire was fined £500 for docking his 3 day old Jack Russell puppies. The prosecution was brought by the SSPCA therefore the likelihood is that he also incurred Court costs.

You don't have to decide in advance which pups will be going to working homes, all you have to do is show that terriers either bred or owned by you are used for pest control purposes (or shooting).

See NWTF website here for more details.

I hope this helps - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1