USA vs. Europe...

That looks perfect gem, something u ain't scared to use, good price too. When u getting one?

As soon as ive the money lol, ive a few hundred saved, im not one for borrowing money, its the reason im morgage free when most people my age are fooked

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

laws only apply when caught

AFRICA ffs.get us a bit of that stuff yer smoking.

I find it a bit arrogant that you think we should all move to your country because of what you read on a forum. American hunting floats my boat as much as your sports do. Lots of lights, dazzle dazzle

Posted Images

That looks perfect gem, something u ain't scared to use, good price too. When u getting one?

As soon as ive the money lol, ive a few hundred saved, im not one for borrowing money, its the reason im morgage free when most people my age are fooked

its nice but very old,,,, if its just you , no woman,,, then just get a modern transit type for about £1000,,,you could if you have the skills buy a second had caravan, £300- 400, and strip the inside to put in the van... or like i say if its just youjust camp in the van at night,,,,, are you going just for summer,,,, or for longer???

its nice but very old,,,, if its just you , no woman,,, then just get a modern transit type for about £1000,,,you could if you have the skills buy a second had caravan, £300- 400, and strip the inside to put in the van... or like i say if its just youjust camp in the van at night,,,,, are you going just for summer,,,, or for longer???

I am the woman lol, himself has only ever been camping once and that was a piss up on an island lol, it will be a 2 or 3mth trip, need it resembling something livable as hubby really isnt used to roughing it + its gonna be used a lot touch wood so want it to be a practical home from home for trips to N.I and UK as well

• Like 1

If we get off on polotics, this conversation is likely to go bad so I'm going to stay away from that now. Just so you all know where I stand, I'm very conservative if that means the same thing over there that it does here (that, I don't know). I'm for individual rights, a small government and many freedoms.

For the record, what's good for me may not be good for you. I understand and respect that.

Baw- I didn't mean to say that America is better. I just think it is...that's the difference. The silver lining...you told me some stufff about Scottland that I did not know. I appreciate that, thank you. That's the kind of thing I'm thirsty for. My dad went over to Ireland last year with my step-mother, I was jelous to say the least. My wife toured it all over there with her grandmother a few years before her grandmother died. I got to see all of the pictures though. That was at least something. Most of my friends have been somewhere over there at some point but I've just not had the chance. I hunt and train dogs full time and am not likely to get the chance any time soon. I think WWIII is just around the corner and has already begun to be staged so I will not likely ever make it over there. Most folks, myself included, consider that area of the world to be a pilgramage. Sure we have some history in the US but we came from over there and before that, the middle East. There is a lot of history over there that I would like to see for my self. I can only afford to be over indulged in one big thing at a time so history comes second to the dogs and hunting. I do lead the hunting life and I wouldn't trade it in for another life until I'm to old to get along.

CALKWARREN- The pictures of your woods look so much like the woods on my place it's hard to tell any difference. If I sent that picture to my friends here, they would just say, "where'd you get that dog and what is it?" I have to get in the truck to hunt open fields but it's not that far. What books do you write (new here so I don't know who you are yet). I have not written any books but I did write for the American Leopard Breeders Association for a few years. I enjoyed doing that but the polotics of it all eventually got to me. I do not write there articles any more. My friend David Peightal has nearly completed a book on bobcat hunting and I know a good many people who are just waiting for it to come out. There is a lot of "secret" dog knowlege in that book and it would be interesting for any dog man to read. Until the internet came along, getting info on cat dogs was pretty close to impossible. That's if you wanted to get it from someone who was catching over 100 cats a year. A true bobcat dog is about 1 out of every 10,000 dogs if your lucky that is. When David comes out with that book, I'll post the information on it. I think it will be the first of it's kind. There's another one coming from Carrie John Clay of Alabama and that will cover more of the Southern, pack style of bobcat hunting. The Southern pack style comes from the English fox hunting style...big hounds run in packs. David's book covers more of the Northern style...one to three dogs and one or two hunters in the woods with the dogs. You all might get some idea's that may be usefull to add to your bag of tricks. I know I have gotten many usefull ideas from all of you...things and ways I never would have considered.

Anyhow, I'm off to check my stag female to see if she's coming in yet. I got a training critter for the pups and some garden walls to put up. I'll be back in when I take a lunch break.

• Like 3

I am the woman lol, himself has only ever been camping once and that was a piss up on an island lol, it will be a 2 or 3mth trip, need it resembling something livable as hubby really isnt used to roughing it + its gonna be used a lot touch wood so want it to be a practical home from home for trips to N.I and UK as well

:icon_redface: :icon_redface: :D

coupleof problems.

1. its damn hard to get any kind of greencard to ship out to the states on any kind of permanent basis

2. its damn hard to drive to africa, loads of border crossings and visas and all that stuff

3. it would be impossible to take dogs or firearms because of quarantine laws to bring the dogs back and because of the red tape shipping guns overseas and even more to get them home again!

4. to go on any kind of long distance driving tour would mean time off work, and most of us just can't afford that, we're really scratching about here

5. the cost of going on any kind of organised hunting safari would be just too much for most of us too, it would cost more than most of us earn in two or three months

so much as many of us would like to be more adventurous, it really isn't practical to do much exotic hunting as we're struggling to make ends meet

just have a look at a map of europe to see how many countries you would have to cross to get to africa.....

Maybe you need to have a look at a map. . . it's only one, or maximum two countrys you need to drive across.

Oh, if you are sailing from spain yes but i thought the question was driving? cos then you would have to go all the way through turkey etc. even then i'm assuming you would take the channel tunnel and not the ferry to france................

• 2 months later...

I don't know much about any of the countries in Europe. What I have noticed is that there sure seems to be a lot more rules over there. It seems to me like it's the land where nothing is allowed. I have only a small understanding of your gun laws and even less of your game laws. I just know there are a lot of them!

What keeps you folks over there?

here are some of the regulations for hutning within just one state of America, Land of the Free? Don't believe the hype.

http://www.fgc.ca.go...mammalregs.aspx

That is the absolute WORST state to pull up hunting regulations on.

California is a JOKE!!

Not sure where this will go but I'd like to start off by saying that I'm from the USA and have never even gotten to visit Europe. I've only been on this forum for a few weeks and I don't know much about any of the countries in Europe. What I have noticed is that there sure seems to be a lot more rules over there. It seems to me like it's the land where nothing is allowed. I have only a small understanding of your gun laws and even less of your game laws. I just know there are a lot of them!

What keeps you folks over there? Don't bother responding if you answer is "family". I understand that and I'm right there with you if that is what is keeping you from moving to the states. But for those of you who don't have many ties there, what keeps the hunters from moving to the US?

This is all very interesting and I would like to say thank you, in advance.

A green card !!