ns200 night vision home made post working

some people would have seen and helped me on here already so thank you. I have made my own version of this great camera it is not quite so tidy as the wiring is not my fault ta but it works just as well and is able to do a few things the ns200 cant. I am able to now get out to 200+ meters day or night I know the ns200 can do this and with out taking the scope off I am able to swing it to the side and carry on using the scope as normal the camera is mounted in such away that when in use it becomes a head rest and the screen is just far enough away that you can view it like you would a scope and all this was done for under £160 including the lamp batteries and ir filter. I know people including me asked what do you need and I also asked how do you set this all up so here is a list of the things I used including the bracket I made.

1 cctv camera best one micromark are the best ones I have come across or a car reversing camera these are a little bit harder to focus with the lens you need to by.

2 a focusing lens on mine I have a 9-22mm Zoom CCTV Video Security IRIS Camera Lens

(260988582354) from china took 2 weeks to turn up

3 monitor I have used a 3 1/2 inch this has a function on it that allows you to turn the pic around and mirror or follow your camera very useful also has a cable to all recording or a second monitor does not have sound though so if you wanted sound you would have to make sure it was on the recording equipment

4 braket is made of a few different items so I have done a drwing of how I made mine it is below this post

5 if you are using the reversing camera you will need a 35 mm film case see drawing below if you are using cctv see drawing below

6 wire it up then adjust your bracket to until you get a clear pic the best way to do this is to turn the mag down on the scope and on the camera and slide it forward until you get a cross hair mine came in to focus about a inch and half away make sure the cam is pointing straight down the scope a little off to one side will give you a image but you will not be able to focus the pic or the cross hair together as one will be a slight blur and you will not get the range either. some of you will need to cover your faces fox for sure as the screen is quite bright and lights you you.

deben max pro 400 meter beam I bought mine just before they changed the batter to a lithium so they now a little more to buy I use a 12 volt 15amp instead of 7amp battery now lasts nearly all night and only cost around £30 and last about 3 years with a lot of use. I use there ir black filiter not there red one as the red one lets to much light through.

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered an easy way to connect the camera to sight .If you get different lengths of plastic pipe and or straight pipe connectors this is to vary the dia of connection and eye relief for different sights . If you get a piece of pipe 4 inches long say and cut 3 slots along the the length 3 1/2 inches from one end evenly spaced .Then cut 3 slots from the other end 3 1/2 inches long evenly spaced .the pipe goes a bit like a paper chain. 6 cuts from each end are better but harder to do .Then to tighten the pipe or pipes together and to the sight I cut long strips of inner tube 24 inches long 1/8 wide and rap them around the area the be connected .Just rap and tie of the rubber the same way as using rubber bands to tie of catapult elastics to the frame .