MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

On 3 April 2016 at 23:28, toblue said:

I am sure it will have been one of the same litter. Some travellers also bought one, the only brindle in the litter. The rest were as you described.

I never seen the first Blue, or at least I can't remember. I am not so sure if the first Blue would have taken Red as I was with Victor the first time he saw a Red in the lamp and he went crazy... A full bloody herd of them near Grisedale. Nipper had a good try!!

It was an hectic time with some great characters. Old Bob Mossem was the main man in the beck (the river Derwent) along with being the top Chicken man. Vic was of course top dog man and the list could go on.

A great dog called Sport from Cleator Moor who was stolen by Travelers, but that is a longer story, as is the great fighting men from the Moor. One of the best daytime hare dogs I have ever seen in my life was owned by a guy from Maryport and only stood 21" to the shoulder.

Some crackin posts to blue..

On 31 March 2016 at 19:12, toblue said:

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.

The Handsome guy in the middle is Me :D

I had an album full of photos (80-100) just like this sadly lost. A few with Minshaw on but mostly my mate from Workington and the Cleator Moor Lads, What a loss.

post-102707-0-88968700-1459447917_thumb.jpg

Twas a good old shift n a grand strong lookin bitch..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • 6 months later...
On 31/03/2016 at 19:12, toblue said:

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.

The Handsome guy in the middle is Me :D

I had an album full of photos (80-100) just like this sadly lost. A few with Minshaw on but mostly my mate from Workington and the Cleator Moor Lads, What a loss.

post-102707-0-88968700-1459447917_thumb.jpg

Thought it was supposed to have been 2 fish and 5 loaves that Jesus shared out

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...