MINSHAW .....

Lurcher x lurcher it is then :laugh:

You sure? A couple seem to think lurcher/collie is the way to go. Not to sure why. Maybe all the minshaw bitchs where no good an not worth breeding from or some people have not a clue on how to keep a line. There is NO certain type all different shapes an sizes in all honesty what I have learnt from reading this is the people breeding them have not got a clue what they are getting when breeding. I enjoyed the thread hope it carrys on. An max your wasteing your time you can't educate or polish turds.

Not too sure why? Maybe the reason being to get a good deer/ lamping rabbit dog! Don's sister over in ireland taking care of sika deer no problem! Dons amassed some pretty good bags over here aswel. As for not being good bitches the best dog I've owned/seen was a minshaw bitch.

As for breeding i have never had a litter of lurchers in my life. Just had the stud dog so if i've ever got a pup i knew exactly what i was getting.

And on the different stamp/size matter its not abit of wonder they are lurchers at the end of the day a crosa between different types of dogs. So they can throw anyshape or size. Theres deerhound, whippet, bedlington, collie and loads more so litter sizes can vary. They arent k.c reg mate.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

I've been offered a service off the dog Hedz in the past mate...I've kept and ran Greys mate and that dog was one of the VERY best in the country and bred in the purple as they say? Now do you want a pup or not you can have first shout? Haha

What I will say about Max he has some of the best looked after and conditioned dogs you'd ever care to see,that goes for his retired dogs too. He's a Gentleman,a proper decent lad as are his family,made us very welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble...breeding a champion in Greyhounds is no different to breeding a top of the tree lurcher...how many of us can say we've done that? Not me anyway I don't think haha...ATB Andy

I dont care if he had a golden plated greyhound with platinum spunk i still wouldnt use a pure greyhound over a bitch from a well established line of lurcher maybe in the begining infact for sure in the begining i would but no way down the line we all have our own opinion andy and i stick to mine but ffs stop strumming the bloke because ye want to use 1 of his dogs :thumbs:

Strumming ffs lol

Post something worth reading.

my opinion and i am sticking to it :yes:

I've been offered a service off the dog Hedz in the past mate...I've kept and ran Greys mate and that dog was one of the VERY best in the country and bred in the purple as they say? Now do you want a pup or not you can have first shout? Haha

Andy your dogs would not suit me i run different quarry and i wouldnt have a pup from a lurcher x greyhound mating if i did want something from dogs similar to your line i would have 1 of joe because ive seen his run and he is or runs on a similar principle to me other than that i would only have a pup from a fella i know down south :thumbs:

Lurcher x lurcher it is then :laugh:

You sure? A couple seem to think lurcher/collie is the way to go. Not to sure why. Maybe all the minshaw bitchs where no good an not worth breeding from or some people have not a clue on how to keep a line. There is NO certain type all different shapes an sizes in all honesty what I have learnt from reading this is the people breeding them have not got a clue what they are getting when breeding. I enjoyed the thread hope it carrys on. An max your wasteing your time you can't educate or polish turds.

I think it may be you who needs to be educated mongo, from what I and most probably every other c**t can make out these lads aren't interested in keeping lines or names or strains. What they are interested in is breeding dogs that put gear in the bag regardless of the name of the line.

Ginny is Jack x Flash

Flash is Moscow x Jess

Jess is a mix of deerhound/grey/bull.

I think? I no Ginny is 3/4 identical breeding with Jack and Moscow being litter brothers.

Cheers Dean.

Looks like Ginny had a good drop of good old Greyhound blood in her.

Thats not a knock as some will probably assume , just an observation.

As iv said without from time to time Greyhound blood been added by someone somewhere Hunting folk wouldnt have the dogs they have.

From time to time its a necessity.

Well Andy the Greyhound chapter on the Minshaw thread is done lol

Over to Chartpolski

How much Deerhound blood if any do you think is in the makeup of modern day lurchers ?

Is it needed.

Would Minshaws benefit from it , or is it all ready in them ?

Ha Ha, Lee !! You've obviously seen me reading this thread and decided to bring me into the argument !! LOL !! But I've mellowed considerably, my age and my heart have seen to that !! :thumbs:

To try and answer your question; the 1st Deer type I had was back in the 70's; 1/4 Deer x 3/4 Grey, but the dreaded Parvo got it before it matured. The next Deer blooded dog I got was My Delta bitch, but she only has about 1/8th Deer in her. I now have a GENUINE 1/2 cross bitch she has just turned 3 last week and wasn't realy tested last year, but what I saw was enought to convince me she will do what I want from her this season. So you'll see I'm not qualified to comment on the merits of the Deer cross, People like Romany are the lads to ask those questions of. I've already asked Andy about the Deer in Minshaws, and it's there, but way back. Would they benefit from another addition of Deer, My opinion is no; but what the hell do I know !! LOL ???

Cheers.

So Max is it right for someone to put a stud dog over any old jacker? polluting the gene pool with even more shite? All for the sake of £500?

Is it right for someone to part with a big chunk of there hard earned cash for a pup and put 2 years of their time into a puppy bred from dogs that the owners haven't been completely honest about the parents ability because if they told the truth their profit wouldn't be as big?

Does the above not happen.............

It's a bit of a double edged sword isn't it? Each to their own but you will never convince me breeding working dogs and money mix although I don't see any harm in a genuine lad who has bred for himself asking for a small drink towards the cost of rearing a litter but these £500's you see for 8 week old pups are f*****g ridiculous !

Matching is a different kettle of fish and is as fair as it can be with one dog against another, if the owners want to make it interesting then so be it.

surely its not the fault of the lad with teh stud but teh lad who bringing inferior bitches to it ..they are the ones kidding themselves.. i can only speak of lads what are into teh coursing game 500 pound for a well bred pup out of quality stock is nothing imo u are not guaranteed it will make teh grade but teh percentages go up... for me to get a pup out of my old bitch to a dog i wanted to use cost me 1000 and 2 pups .

Guest PIKEYLAMPER

Ginny you might not of bee a litter but you are in an around lads that are. Every single dog I have bought In I've the years have been of true an tested dogs am the breeder has been able to tell me what height tts it will roughly make these dogs seem to vary from 22 an they go up up an up. Look at I think it's regie then look at swift an tell real lads that do breed a certain type that your dogs are line bred it's actually funny, an it seems like the only people agreeing an patting use on the back have either pups or had a stud of poacherspocket. I've had pup in the past of a repeat mating an the breeder has been able to tell me sizes, gameness, what running style the puppy have, they are able to do this from experience of breeding an remembering the similarities the pups may have had from a previous litter. So use keep breeding a guessing an just making do.

I can't put pictures on poacherspocket as I've only got greyhounds now an a few dislike them on this thread.

Guest Moscow

All the dogs in my kennels have no pure greyhound added for at least 5 generations.

Would they be the dogs they are without greyhound running threw there veins?... of course not.

Will I be adding/using pure greyhound in my dogs?..... no.

Are my dogs fast enough?.... yes.

Would we have the lurchers we have today without greyhound blood?... no.

Do we need to add it into our lurchers from pure greyhounds?.... definetly not IMO

Would I rule out adding greyhound blood from a lurcher with greyhound as a parent?... No I wouldnt rule out adding it from a lurcher I had seen run.

GREYHOUND BLOOD SHOULD NOT NEED TO BE ADDED TO AN ESTABLISHED LINE IMO

Hope that is clear enough for you to understand Maxhardcore.

You have tunnel vision where greyhounds are concerned Max, its very plain for everyone to see.

Whin Iam not interested in your opinion.

OVER AND OUT.

Edited by Moscow
  • Like 1
Guest PIKEYLAMPER

Sounds like you know how to keep a line Moscow forget about a straight greyhound being added to your line can I ask what you think on putting your best lurcher to a collie or in your case would you ever put a straight bull back into your lurchers?

Guest Moscow

Sounds like you know how to keep a line Moscow forget about a straight greyhound being added to your line can I ask what you think on putting your best lurcher to a collie or in your case would you ever put a straight bull back into your lurchers?

It would not suite me to add either pure collie or pure bull to any of my dogs however i can see why it was done.

Moscow's sire was Bulpa who was lurcher x collie and I would kennel another dog like him in an instant.

Guest Moscow

I thought you were after a good show Saluki to add to your line, Joe ? :rofl:

Cheers.

Nooooo :laugh: :laugh:

I would kennel the stuff out of the little fella's half x bitchs and coursing dogs though :yes: