MINSHAW .....

I'm away to watch the footie guys..catch you's up later :victory: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Bulpa dog grandfather to Don out with the terriers back in 1988 :icon_redface: ..can you see my wee Russell bitch underneath the Patterdale lol?

Edited by poacherspocket22

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

This was Don the day we had him shipped over from Ireland...fazed by nothing and settled in as if he'd never been anywhere else lol..

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00056-1.jpg

ANDY that DON dog will throw some good pups,he is really shapeing up to standards,was at a motor show yesterday when i met a fella who was on about your dog DON, :yes: HE heard from some lad of some hunting site that he has a pup out of him,he then told me about the rest of DONS litter,that the man that bred them is from MANCHESTER, :icon_eek: he went on to tell me there was a big fall out with yourself and him,thats why you here nothing of the rest of the litter,ANDY i will say is you better get a big rubber stamp made up :laugh: BEWARE OF IMITATIONS,if they only knew the real truth mate aye,and before anyone asks i did not fill him in,

Jack,i have been speaking to the fella who bred Don from over your side of the Irish Sea just this evening :thumbs: ...Manchester :laugh: ..jeez you couldn't make half of this up could you? :icon_eek: ..anyway your man is always planning ahead as you know and he was just putting his thoughts to me about what way to go with the "next" generation :yes: ... ATB Andy. ;)

Eddie is very similar to his grandfather Moscow don't you think Joe? He's a lovely looking dog for sure isn't he? Would he be the biggest of the litter Joe? :hmm:

edited to say Moscow ain't in him is he? i'm thinking he was out of Maurice :icon_redface:

edited again lol...looks like he's been on testing ground there..look at how far up his front legs the mud is?..

Edited by poacherspocket22
Guest Moscow

Eddie is very similar to his grandfather Moscow don't you think Joe? He's a lovely looking dog for sure isn't he? Would he be the biggest of the litter Joe? :hmm:

edited to say Moscow ain't in him is he? i'm thinking he was out of Maurice :icon_redface:

He certainly does have a look of his uncle Moscow :laugh:

He has a very similar running style to.

There was a bigger black dog in the litter but he wasnt a patch on Eddie and didnt make the grade :no:

No good Joe you are using a blitz on the big land..a blue eye or a coleman's is the old poacher's way or a homemade from a old plagie honda motor cycle....also the dog look's too heavy for long winded run's on big land against beasties..especially on wet arable as he will get too clodded up and take the wind out of his stride..saluki cross my breed for me are lighter and float over wet ground and kill big number on autum pasture's..plus the heavier dog's eat too much of what i catch and i need to make a living from it..i was taught the old way by desendant's from ancient apache indian's over the big water.

Eddie does look a good type.. :yes:

• Like 2

He certainly does have a look of his uncle Moscow :laugh:

He has a very similar running style to.

There was a bigger black dog in the litter but he wasnt a patch on Eddie and didnt make the grade :no:

Haha..i think you were telling me about the black dog if i'm on the right wavelength this time? Was it the dog you thought wasn't "pulling his weight" so to speak? His head is the double of his uncles lol..lovely animal he is,whats his temperament like? Easy to handle? Obedient?..or strongheaded and a fighter or a mixture? ATB Andy. ;)

Guest Moscow

Haha..i think you were telling me about the black dog if i'm on the right wavelength this time? Was it the dog you thought wasn't "pulling his weight" so to speak? His head is the double of his uncles lol..lovely animal he is,whats his temperament like? Easy to handle? Obedient?..or strongheaded and a fighter or a mixture? ATB Andy. ;)

Yes that was the dog I was telling you about. Eddie is a pleasure to work and watch but he can be a bit of a pain around other male dogs in the kennels :rtfm: ok with them while out on a shift but none are perfect in every way.

His father was identical and grandfather and I suppose you can say his great grandfather Minshaws Blue too? Jack and Bulpa I owned were fuckers if you never watched them,100% grand when out in company but any other time you were on pins lol...ATB Andy