MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

you are [bANNED TEXT] some dogs dont show sings ,but if youve had them from pups , worked them youlle see them , try not as hard on the turns , ive saw dogs go funny on the legs mostly right greyhoundy , a quick glucose squirt down the kneck they came round , thats why i prefer the saluk in a dog beacause of there running wind , you had many running dogs go funny on you rabbit hunter

Yep,i'm with Rabbithunter here..some dogs show NO warning signs whatsoever as was the case w :yes:ith Timber's bitch Lily..she was running her quarry with the pace and enthusiasm that she ran her first..not an inkling of showing the effects that were to come on?..i once seen a 3/4 Grey 1/4 Collie up the arse of a hare and within probably a foot of ending the race when you would of thought someone had shot her..ran over to find her with the old muscle spasms,locked jaw,bulging eyes scenario..that was my 2nd ever time i seen this and the 1st time we used the choccie trick..she soon came round but that was her shift over :yes: ...the 1st time i ever witnessed it was when we were just boys,my mate had a rough haired bitch called Cassie,we ran a few bunnies with her,not alot but obviously too many for her,i think it was about a dozen or so :icon_redface: when she done all this carry-on..we thought she had been poisoned?..not ever seeing it we carried her to the motor and headed to the vets where she was put onto a drip etc:..to cut a long story short the bitch ended up being partly blind,had brain damage,could never jump,answer her name or anything like she once did :cray: ..she eventually got knocked down when my mate had her for a walk,probably a blessing in disguise?..it was the vet way back then that gave us that wee tip if it ever happened again in the future..without getting the blood sugar levels up thats what can happen :victory: ..i know through first hand experience ;) ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

you are [bANNED TEXT] some dogs dont show sings ,but if youve had them from pups , worked them youlle see them , try not as hard on the turns , ive saw dogs go funny on the legs mostly right greyhoundy , a quick glucose squirt down the kneck they came round , thats why i prefer the saluk in a dog beacause of there running wind , you had many running dogs go funny on you rabbit hunter

you keep not ansering when i ask ya if your dog is gud lamped rabbits run after run short bursts [NO TEXT TALK] can get somthing racy that fast on its toes ther common to come across any racy dog will do that but can they last is the thing

Yep,i'm with Rabbithunter here..some dogs show NO warning signs whatsoever as was the case w :yes:ith Timber's bitch Lily..she was running her quarry with the pace and enthusiasm that she ran her first..not an inkling of showing the effects that were to come on?..i once seen a 3/4 Grey 1/4 Collie up the arse of a hare and within probably a foot of ending the race when you would of thought someone had shot her..ran over to find her with the old muscle spasms,locked jaw,bulging eyes scenario..that was my 2nd ever time i seen this and the 1st time we used the choccie trick..she soon came round but that was her shift over :yes: ...the 1st time i ever witnessed it was when we were just boys,my mate had a rough haired bitch called Cassie,we ran a few bunnies with her,not alot but obviously too many for her,i think it was about a dozen or so :icon_redface: when she done all this carry-on..we thought she had been poisoned?..not ever seeing it we carried her to the motor and headed to the vets where she was put onto a drip etc:..to cut a long story short the bitch ended up being partly blind,had brain damage,could never jump,answer her name or anything like she once did :cray: ..she eventually got knocked down when my mate had her for a walk,probably a blessing in disguise?..it was the vet way back then that gave us that wee tip if it ever happened again in the future..without getting the blood sugar levels up thats what can happen :victory: ..i know through first hand experience ;) ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

so have you had a night outwith mark brick down ther andy pal aaron

if a dog cant last whats the point in having a dog ,minshaw man how long you ran dogs and you done much traveling to see dogs the father to my dogs one the cambrigde cup his lat run was 5 minutes in the final, mother lana well capable of catching 30 to 40 rabbs in her prime but could catch everything else , as i say bring a dog up ille show you the best sport youl ever see, this thread is about collie crosses ,and not my stile of dogs i keep ,ive not had any greyhound in my dogs for years justlurcher to lurcher with stamina pace , got some good dogs ,most collie types can catch a rabb mate saw pure collies catching them on easy land , alot harder to breed a good allrounder than a rabbit dog mate ,

if a dog cant last whats the point in having a dog ,minshaw man how long you ran dogs and you done much traveling to see dogs the father to my dogs one the cambrigde cup his lat run was 5 minutes in the final, mother lana well capable of catching 30 to 40 rabbs in her prime but could catch everything else , as i say bring a dog up ille show you the best sport youl ever see, this thread is about collie crosses ,and not my stile of dogs i keep ,ive not had any greyhound in my dogs for years justlurcher to lurcher with stamina pace , got some good dogs ,most collie types can catch a rabb mate saw pure collies catching them on easy land , alot harder to breed a good allrounder than a rabbit dog mate ,

But i bet greyhound makes up for a lot in the lurchers used?