MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

good pics had lots of days nite like that with freinds not here now , from just over the border , had some [bANNED TEXT] runs on winter wheat all you could here was feet going like a drum then a roar or sqeel ,bred alitter last year and one of the dogs is just [bANNED TEXT] for the job nice stamp , ive always found dogs better than bitches at times for single handed sport more power

you got any pics of that wispa did you breed her or was it rikl , ,you find when you put alot of colie in them they start stalking a rabb were i found the grew in them [bANNED TEXT] on them quick

I never bred her Whin,that owld black dog was her grandfather her sire was a dog called Flint..Timber put a pic up of Wispa two or 3 pages back after a night out we had a while back if i can put it on here i will?..Be two minutes lol..be right back :rolleyes:

This is Wispa Whin on the right..Timber's bitch Lily on the left..Lily is bred out of Jack my dog and i'm not sure but Timber will correct me if i'm wrong it was Lily's sister that was dam to Wispa i think? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22

Here you go Whin..this was when i was up over the border and "took the prize" back south with my greyhound :toast: :toast: ..i called him Highlander :laugh:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 2

they look pacy enough , winds inherited at times ,the way mark cornwall lamps them long winded dogs would do better ive drove feilds for twenty years my mates before me ,the collie type were not realy for that but the saluks seem to take it in there stride , when i drove feilds with the colie type they were fine but being heavier and diffrent built from the saluks took more out them,i think thats were some go wrong with dogs ,you bred your dogs to lamp small feilds with lots of game i bred mines to lamp course big land not lots in each feild but big runs at times ,but lots of land to go at , ive saw some feilds in winter were three big runs in a hundred acre feild the dog needs a breather , the collie type were never ment for that type of running ,the old dog game is some crack

• Like 1

they look pacy enough , winds inherited at times ,the way mark cornwall lamps them long winded dogs would do better ive drove feilds for twenty years my mates before me ,the collie type were not realy for that but the saluks seem to take it in there stride , when i drove feilds with the colie type they were fine but being heavier and diffrent built from the saluks took more out them,i think thats were some go wrong with dogs ,you bred your dogs to lamp small feilds with lots of game i bred mines to lamp course big land not lots in each feild but big runs at times ,but lots of land to go at , ive saw some feilds in winter were three big runs in a hundred acre feild the dog needs a breather , the collie type were never ment for that type of running ,the old dog game is some crack

Finally we are getting somewhere :boogy: ..horses for courses i think it's called :laugh: ...the stamina of a lamp dog in general is far different to that of a day dog..the Saluki's are tried and tested in that sphere (day coursing)..the long races over several minutes at full tilt will test the metal of most dogs for sure..lamping yes you can get the odd one like that but you know yourself that is not so common? Sprinting back and forth numerous times for bunnies is a totally different style of running and requires a different kind of stamina :thumbs: ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Have you any recent upto date picture's of Jess Andy the pup's damn.. :thumbs:

I ain't mate but i will tell our Jamie to get some when he comes back from wherever it is he's gone on holiday? :thumbs:

now thast decent looking running dog even tho its pure

If you look at the dog on the top picture you can see his back legs are bald,typical greyhound problem but i solved it :thumbs: ..look at his legs on the bottom pic :D .. :toast: :toast:

If you look at the dog on the top picture you can see his back legs are bald,typical greyhound problem but i solved it :thumbs: ..look at his legs on the bottom pic :D .. :toast: :toast:

iv had a few 3/4 greys that suffered same thing mate, i got 1 here just noo 1/4 deerhound, what ye do oot a curiosity??

andy i new that all along hence i bought saluk types twenty years ago from sniper tor of dartmoor but i bred my collie crosses into them ,for better re call and general lamping walking ,thats why youll not see just colie typs about up here so much ,with serous dog men , but twenty years ago we did, the saluk has been the most important dog to breed into lurchers in the last twenty years ,to give running wind natural turning and boxing qaurry of cover , i still keep collie types ,great for ferreting etc ,but if your driving round twenty odd 40 50 60 acre feilds with dogs out you need a diffret beast ,but when its ploughed sown we walk as normal ,

iv had a few 3/4 greys that suffered same thing mate, i got 1 here just noo 1/4 deerhound, what ye do oot a curiosity??

Buy some Benzyl Benzoate mate,cheap as chips at chemist but get a bigger bottle off fleabay..rub it in daily and within no time you'll have new growth coming through,it takes a while to get it back to perfect but they look a darn sight better with it back lol..ATB Andy. :thumbs: