MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

andy funny you mention collie cross,because that was what my mate was told by another courseing guy,he has won 5 straight matches against some first class courseing dogs i am told,my mate told me the longer the course goes the better the dog gets,any picture of the dog,

Is that dog still in belfast the one doing well on the hares?????

To be honest Icey the lad has moved home pretty recently,i'm not sure where the feck he is at this moment in time? :laugh: ..he's SOMEWHERE in Ireland though ;) ?...i think?

andy funny you mention collie cross,because that was what my mate was told by another courseing guy,he has won 5 straight matches against some first class courseing dogs i am told,my mate told me the longer the course goes the better the dog gets,any picture of the dog,

Sorry Jacob i haven't but the lad who has her tell's me she's identical to the old dog i've just put a pic up of but the size of a Grey/Whippet? ATB Andy. :victory:

Sorry Jacob i haven't but the lad who has her tell's me she's identical to the old dog i've just put a pic up of but the size of a Grey/Whippet? ATB Andy. :victory:

I think vic be very interested to learn more of this mate

I think vic be very interested to learn more of this mate

Somehow i don't think the bitch will be a threat to lads who run in the Forley :laugh: ..she is bred to be a lamp dog..if she can "multi-task" as women seem to say they can :tongue2: ..well all the better :victory: ..maybe throw a handy pup come the day if she keeps on doing the business? ATB Andy. ;)

heres my humble little minshaw bred dog. Out of chester a lily.

2012-04-13153643.jpg

This was one of his first nights out. 25 rabbits albeit 3 dogs, which I dont normally do, but as the other lads had the permission, it was either 3 dogd or none. I remember the night, it was terribly warm and not a breath of wind

2011-09-03005455.jpg

hey a know that pic up the top at the back of cummersdale used to get hares and plenty of rabbits on there nothing now though mebs a few rabbits

Thats right pal. Not a lot of game at all around that area now

PP you obviously have a very good eye for a dog. Do you have any preference for dogs over bitches in running dogs or vice versa?

Thanks

Hurlock

i think i could answer this question for him but he will still probably answer it for you...

he has owned some very good dogs for example BULPA, JACK, PATCH hopefully DON can get his name among them in the future... but some of the strongest lurchers he will have had in his kennels were bitches JESS, MEG, GINNY just to name a few... i am pretty sure them bitches would have ran toe to toe with any of the dogs.. so to answer ya question in simple terms i don't think it bothers him haha :laugh:

GINNY

DSC025351.jpg

• Like 6

That Jill does look like swift Andy so what was the story way the flying carpet anyone see it run it Apartly it had a very good name about it who ran and bread it like the bomer jacket defo exploited lol

this was MEG aka the flying carpet stood on the right, seen her run loads of times.. my uncle bred her she died at 6 years old due to kidney failure..

PatchMeg8hares-1-1.jpg

Edited by frankel