MINSHAW .....

]Mine was out of two dogs called Venger ( sire) x Gizzie ( dam ), maybe you can shed some light on that breeding ? Yeah GC,s dogs were game i seen them swing off all sorts as my own did, and the little red bitch was a game little fecker, i think she was only about 22inch to the shoulder. :thumbs: cheers Atb

Did you know big Hamish Freelance from Whitehaven? He was a big lump of lad,Gary was friendly with him? He was a decent lad,he owned Venger? ... ;)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

]Mine was out of two dogs called Venger ( sire) x Gizzie ( dam ), maybe you can shed some light on that breeding ? Yeah GC,s dogs were game i seen them swing off all sorts as my own did, and the little red bitch was a game little fecker, i think she was only about 22inch to the shoulder. :thumbs: cheers Atb

Did you know big Hamish Freelance from Whitehaven? He was a big lump of lad,Gary was friendly with him? He was a decent lad,he owned Venger? ... ;)

I did mate, a bit full on at times but had a good heart if you get my drift ? ;) I have pics of all those dogs Andy, how was Venger bred ? Cheers Atb

I did mate, a bit full on at times but had a good heart if you get my drift ? ;) I have pics of all those dogs Andy, how was Venger bred ? Cheers Atb

I will definately 100% get you both parents breeding mate because a friend of mine knows everything about the Venger and Gizzie bitch,i've heard him going on about them loads of times...he was one of Gary's best mates and even after Gary died my mate has got a tattoo of some kind on to remember him?..i can remember that Venger litter there was only him and another 2 pups in the litter,i can't for the fecking life of me remember who had them and what they were out of? I think Squeaky had the dog before Hamish got him? ...i'll get onto the lad tomorrow and get the craic? ATB Andy. :thumbs: ...get some pics up then if you've got some of them all :laugh:

I will definately 100% get you both parents breeding mate because a friend of mine knows everything about the Venger and Gizzie bitch,i've heard him going on about them loads of times...he was one of Gary's best mates and even after Gary died my mate has got a tattoo of some kind on to remember him?..i can remember that Venger litter there was only him and another 2 pups in the litter,i can't for the fecking life of me remember who had them and what they were out of? I think Squeaky had the dog before Hamish got him? ...i'll get onto the lad tomorrow and get the craic? ATB Andy. :thumbs: ...get some pics up then if you've got some of them all :laugh:

Here,s Venger and Gizzie, sire and dam to my old dog :thumbs: Cheers Atb

00110.jpg

• Like 2

Great pics them mate..i bred little Kes,a lad called Plodder had her 1st then got rid because he said she was too small :laugh: ..it was a real little power packed "mike tyson" :D ..seen her running a few times mainly on the bunnies,little fecker could run all night ;) ..she was the dam to his big dog Blue..it had no reverse gear either :blink: ..the lad i've mentioned who knows the craic still has a dog out of that dog and a Greyhound,it's identical to my bitch Kelsey but a tad smaller :thumbs: ...i once seen that little Kes trying to jump a gate with a fox in it's mouth..it was bigger than her :laugh: ..ATB Andy. ;)

Great pics them mate..i bred little Kes,a lad called Plodder had her 1st then got rid because he said she was too small :laugh: ..it was a real little power packed "mike tyson" :D ..seen her running a few times mainly on the bunnies,little fecker could run all night ;) ..she was the dam to his big dog Blue..it had no reverse gear either :blink: ..the lad i've mentioned who knows the craic still has a dog out of that dog and a Greyhound,it's identical to my bitch Kelsey but a tad smaller :thumbs: ...i once seen that little Kes trying to jump a gate with a fox in it's mouth..it was bigger than her :laugh: ..ATB Andy. ;)

I watched it run stuff at johnstone bridge hanging off and getting bounced all over !!! ;) Atb Cheers

venus and swift

699.jpg

don and venus

DSCF2145.jpg

venus about a year old,, only her 5th time if i remember right,, this was on the fast flat land of sufolk

DSCF1842.jpg

What area in Suffolk mate

about a mile from where you live..........

• Like 2

PICT0711.jpg

Thats the pup above from the 1st mating,our Dean has just got a pup from the 2nd repeat mating..she's with Tomo's Kelpie x Tara here after a run down the Dales on a few bunnies..i can remember this night it was absolutely and i mean absolutely fecking pishing down ALL night,soaked to the nuts we were :cray: ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

andy is the black dog in the picture the one that doing well on the hares,a good friend of mine in belfast was telling me about it,talks very highly of it,

I also had a pup out of Garys Blue x Kess, ive got some pics of it and the story about it, will bang them up tomorrow Andy. Am off out now with my potlicker for a walk since its cooled off a bit. If you can find out the Venger and Gizzie breeding for tomorrow that would be great fella, cheers :victory: Atb

PICT0711.jpg

Thats the pup above from the 1st mating,our Dean has just got a pup from the 2nd repeat mating..she's with Tomo's Kelpie x Tara here after a run down the Dales on a few bunnies..i can remember this night it was absolutely and i mean absolutely fecking pishing down ALL night,soaked to the nuts we were :cray: ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

andy is the black dog in the picture the one that doing well on the hares,a good friend of mine in belfast was telling me about it,talks very highly of it,

Same team of guys own the dogs Jacob..as far as i'm aware it's not that bitch in the picture mate,it's just a small 22 inch thing thats over 1/2 Collie :blink: thats been raising a few eyebrows?..doesn't sound conceivable but that is what my mate who owns the bitch told me? ATB Andy. :victory:

Edited by poacherspocket22

This is the sire of the black bitch thats being talked of over in Ireland Jacob :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22