MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

This dog Typ was out of the above litter,a beautiful looking animal but apparently the dog was a short runner (no wind)? That really surprised me even with the Greyhound blood but he was in the hands of a decent dogman and he knew more than me about the dog. ATB Andy. ;)

typ.jpg

quajty animal he seems to have followed the grey in the wind department , i had the same outcome some yrs aback when going back to a grey and the stud could run all night with bags a wind and running nouse, luck a thedraw but am a believer like begets like and by the sounds of it this was the case .atb bunnys

I have seen two jack....

heard of more doing the same....

I would be more concerned with workers rather than a name tag...

I've seen plenty of dogs jack Giro including Minshaws..i owned one called Red that Chris has..it had a mind of it's own lol but also lots of other types too even the sister to your own bitch was a total jacker that i tried to re-home after the lad who owned her died...it can and does happen in all types of lurchers..having raced greyhounds for many years too i've even seen and owned the odd one lol that refused to run so again a no good jacker...if a greyhound won't chase then believe you me there's every chance that now and again there will be a lurcher that will do the same no matter how it's bred? ATB Andy...oh and to the lad thinking of getting one for what purpose are you wanting the dog? ie: day,lamp,edible game,teeth and such? :thumbs:

what time does flimby show start at tmoz thankyou aaron

I have seen two jack....

heard of more doing the same....

I would be more concerned with workers rather than a name tag...

I've seen plenty of dogs jack Giro including Minshaws..i owned one called Red that Chris has..it had a mind of it's own lol but also lots of other types too even the sister to your own bitch was a total jacker that i tried to re-home after the lad who owned her died...it can and does happen in all types of lurchers..having raced greyhounds for many years too i've even seen and owned the odd one lol that refused to run so again a no good jacker...if a greyhound won't chase then believe you me there's every chance that now and again there will be a lurcher that will do the same no matter how it's bred? ATB Andy...oh and to the lad thinking of getting one for what purpose are you wanting the dog? ie: day,lamp,edible game,teeth and such? :thumbs:

what time does flimby show start at tmoz thankyou aaron

racin around 12 n showing about 1 i think, edited to say its sunday not tmoz mate Edited by moore-wkton89

This dog Typ was out of the above litter,a beautiful looking animal but apparently the dog was a short runner (no wind)? That really surprised me even with the Greyhound blood but he was in the hands of a decent dogman and he knew more than me about the dog. ATB Andy. ;)

typ.jpg

shame about the wind as i realy liked that dog,

Now im on the wagon as frankel says i will add few more photos of wat i have,

Tara and reggie, reggies first night at the bunnies and suprised us all with his running style.

b0d6123e.jpg

And again sox first night, i might be wrong but this could of been the first time these two met a bunny? She put sum imense strikes in that night if i remember rightly,

4f92337a.jpg

And another of tara and swift

210228ae.jpg

• Like 2

Good read, how did the black bitch ginny,s siblings turn out???

Hey up Baz :thumbs: ..i only know of two that got any serious graft and that was our Ginny which Joe gave us and also Maurice that Joe owns,ours was a belter and i honestly do mean that,never seen her bottomed and she ran some gear on plenty of occasions ;) the shit hit the fan over the Border and that was that so to speak ..after ours had gone a lad tried to sell our Dean one for "daft" money,it wouldn't of been so bad if it had caught a half decent bag of gear but it hadn't! He was trying to sell it on the strength of what Maurice and Ginny had caught,it didn't retrieve or nothing,smart dog but hey ho i ain't that daft lol..i also got offered their litter brother just a fortnight ago due to the lad not having the time to work him due to his circumstances,possibly if i didn't have my kennels full i'd of took a chance with the dog but finding the work for so many mutts ain't as easy as it once was imo? Joe may be able to tell you more about where or what the others have done as they were born over in the N/E? i do know a black dog was pts,it was apparently not worth a toss? ATB Andy :victory: