MINSHAW .....

your looking for trouble, there no diffrents, with keeping them under a heat,lamp than haveing them infront of a fire,,,,but the bond you get when in the house, his a great feeling,they become your best mate,,theres times were you talk to them more than the mrs,

looking for trouble?are,nt you the 1 on another site mouthing about drop traps and such?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Can you break a buck rabbits neck though Jamie? Hahha!

Why are people talking so much about a jacker? Wether its a minshaw, hancock, blackwater if its jacked its not worth a carrot and i wouldnt be talking about it for 20 odd pages!

There not robots at the end of the day as much as folk like to think they are!

Giros roughly seen 6/7 minshaws (collie lurchers) and 3 are jackers to owned by same fella and another out of a jacker! Says it all really i must be lucky ive owned a few so as my dad and brother only 2 have been shit one bred by the man who owned two jackers and the other the father to the jacker giro's seen.

Now i've seen a fair few of this collie lurcher type run and all apart from the 2 mentioned have all been spot on. Would run them selves to death for their owners. Don't no if i've been lucky or just been out with better dog men than you Giro?

Also i think the best way to create a bond with your dog is not watching tele but out in the field spending houra training/getting them fit chasing rabbits not bored watchin corrie haha!

Theae are just my opinion and i am very passionate. About this strain of lurchers so it's only right i say my piece.

Theres good and bad in every breed.

Also whin we have never once said our dogs are daytime dogs always have been and always will be purposly bred lamping dogs. The difference is youve seen a mongrel catch A hare on the lamp ive seen my mongrels run 30! Pre-ban of course! But i'm willing to have a look out with you next year if thats what you reeeealy want?!

You'se can say what you like about these types of dogs but it wont make me change my mind on them. I love them and wouldn't own out else. So any puffters or zak dingle lookalikes want to put them down go for it i couldn't give a flyingg f**k i'm happy with them.

Dont no if any of this makes sence it sounds better in my head and i'm useless at putting my thoughts across on the computer haha!

very honest post mate and if you happy feck the rest

your looking for trouble, there no diffrents, with keeping them under a heat,lamp than haveing them infront of a fire,,,,but the bond you get when in the house, his a great feeling,they become your best mate,,theres times were you talk to them more than the mrs,

looking for trouble?are,nt you the 1 on another site mouthing about drop traps and such?

loads of SHITE being spoken on the longnobs site mate, mostly cowardly SHITE as usual

this cud be 1 to learn,,many office workers feel the cold when out and all they want do his warm up and they warm up QUICK,, many bricklayers, wont to get warm,, take a long time to warm up,, snipes 11half ,,thursday nite, add 9 out of 14 runs ,,and then come across a road kill [munty], he lives the life like a rich man who has a trainer keeping his health in urder,,THATS THE DIFFRENTS,, ok nature takes a big part, other wise we wud all live till we was 100,, but 100 percent mothering them helps,,

Edited by robert michem

GS - that was a very good post mate.

I don't really get all the fuss, every dog, everywhere, no matter how good, will at some point, be related to a dog that is crap, especially if there are a few litters knocking about.

this cud be 1 to learn,,many office workers feel the cold when out and all they want do his warm up and they warm up QUICK,, many bricklayers, wont to get warm,, take a long time to warm up,, snipes 11half ,,thursday nite, add 9 out of 14 runs ,,and then come across a road kill [munty], he lives the life like a rich man who has a trainer keeping his health in urder,,THATS THE DIFFRENTS,, ok nature takes a big part, other wise we wud all live till we was 100,, but 100 percent mothering them helps,,

jim no one cares about brick layers workin in the cold. and snipe is killing in summer my terrier has had more mate get over yaself

Each to their own and all that when kennelling your jukels,as long as your happy then who gives a hoot? I've seen and know of dogs kept in allotments that would run toe to toe with most dogs,I knew of a mongrel type dog called Ben many moons ago kept in such conditions he had a little lurcher in him,could of been anything really? He was fed honestly on beans and toast and the odd scraps from the house he could kill bags of gear that most could only dream of! A good dog is a good dog no matter what,I'm not that ancient believe it or not and even I can recall the days before all this complete food,it was meat from the knackersyard and the old fashioned dry tasteless mixer biscuit at best unless you were boiling up...the dogs I kept then were the best I've ever had so like I said all this Molly coddling won't make a dog any better like Wilf said IMO? ATB Andy

• Like 1

any top class running dog has to be warm dry athletes are looked after so why skimp on a running dog weather its just a collie cur or a well bred coursing animal , fEeding dogs on shite especaily big running land wont run long wont last long ive had collie curs they could catch a rabbit hares in easy places but when the game is 100 yARDS AWAY AND HEADING FOR COVER ONLY THE FASTEST FITTEST DOGS COME THROUGH SAW IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN , ALL THE OLD TALES IS GOOD BUT LEAVE THE EIGHTIES WERE THEY ARE AND SEVENTIES A DOG THAT WORKS FOR YOU DESREVES TO BE LOOKED AFTER WEATHER HEAT LAMP STRAW SHAVINGS ETC , OR THEY WONT PERFORM AS WELL COLLIE CURS HAVE GOOD COATS AND HARDY BY NATURE BUT MOST NEVER MAKE THE GRADE LOCALY AS ALLROUND COURSING DOGS NITE AND DAY , WHEN I RAN THE HILLS OF LAUDER GALA I HAD COLIE CURS BUT THE BIG FLAT LAND YOU NEED A DIFFRENT ANMAL NO CUR A RUNNING MACHINE , AND HAS TO BE LOOKED AFTER NOT JUST KEPT IN SOME COAL SHED FED ON BEANS AND TOAST ,I THINK SOME HAVENT EVOLVED ON HERE AND ARE GOING BACK THE WAY AT TIMES OT STUCK IN ANOTHER ERA

Edited by BLACKWATER...

Stop talking shite Whin with your big land ffs! You try and shoot me down all the time lol why? I've still got dogs killing BIG hauls,not just from the 80's so what you on about? My dogs are VERY well looked after and get fed the VERY best of gear and in winter I'd be surprised if there are many dogs in the country as fit and worked has hard? Our Dean says he will bring my dog Swift up to yours in winter and let you see her...rabbits or flushing hares or deer to the gun...trust me on this Whin take ANY of your team along and compare them? Oh and when you have done so come on here and be honest to what you have witnessed? As for my other cur Don well maybe one day you will see him at graft if you can get your legs into motion for a 5/6 hour stint up the fells? ATB Andy

• Like 1

TO TRUE MY DOGS ARE OUT IN PROPER KENNELS NEVER HAD A RUNNING DOG IN HOUSE SINCE 93 DIED IN A HUNTING ACCIDENT LONG AGO BETTER OUT IN PROPER KENNELS , I THINK ALOT ON HERE HAVE NOT EVOLVED FROM THE SEVENTIES AND EIGHTIES , IN THERE METHODS AND HAVE WENT BACK THE WAY A SHAME REALY ,TIME MOVES ON AND YOU GET EDUCATED SOME STUCK IN ATIME WARP

DONE THE FELLS I WORKED AS A FULL TIME RABBITER IN SCOTLAND EARLY NINTIES CACTHING THOUSANDS WAS NO BIG DEAL, GOOD SPORT,HAD COLLIE LURCHERS SINCE EIGHTIES STILL GOT COLLIE LURCHERS HERE IN THERE PRIME ANYD THERE NOTHING MATE YOU CAN IMPRESS ME WITH RUNNING JUKELS ,IM ALWAYS HONEST WITH HUNTING HAD PLENTY GUYS OUT IF THEY HAD GOOD DOGS SHAKE THERE HAND IF NOT UP TO JOB SAY NOTHING AND WELL GLAD I HAVE WHAT I HAVE , HAD LOTS OF PEOPLE HUNTING NEVER EVER HAD TO PUT A PIC UP TO GET NOTICED MATE ,HAD BEARDIE CROSS MATE D SLIEGHT GOT TO RABBITING FINALS WITH HIS KELPIE CROSS AND OLD COLIE GREW TYPE , M C GLEN MATE HAD BEARDIE TYPE , M CHAPMANS BOB ONE FEILD TRAILS COLLIE TYPE P DOUGLAS WHO IS AT MINES ALOT ONE FEILD TRAILS WITH DOGS SIMLIAR TO DON MAGGIE ,BUT NONE OF THESES DOGS SUITED WERE I STAY BUT I BRED THEM UP TO GET WHAT I HAVE NOW , I HAD COLIE CURS LIKE YOU HAVE TWENTY YEARS AGO AND MOVED ON MATE TO BETTER

POACHER YOU SHOULDNT BITE BUT HEY THERE NOT MINSHAWS YOU HAVE THERE YOUR DOGS WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME OLD VIC BRED A MINSHAW MATE AND WAS HE THE CREATOR PROBALY NOT , THERE YOURS AND YOUR LADDIES DOGS END OF ,THE COLLIE CROSSES BRED DOWN FROM OTHER COLLIE TYPE AND AWAY BACK MINSHAWS BLUE AWAY BACK NOW

IM AFRAID ANDY WHEN YOU HUNT WITH GUYS LIKE MY SELF LAST THING IM LOOKING FOR IS A CAMERA ,ITS MORE ABOUT HUNTING ENJOYING EACH RUN AND HOW THE DOG WORKEDITS QAURRY AND WHO DONE WHAT ,THEN A CUP OF TEA AND AWAY TO BED OR HOME , NOT PICS ETC MAYBE IF YOU LIVED IN USA OR SOMETHING TAKE AS MANY AS YOU WANT BUT NOT LOCALE GUYS END OF

If you've got better then the Don dog for rabbits then fairplay to you Whin,I was saying Dean would bring Swift to yours and I'm saying this she will be better then ANYTHING you have in your kennels on the land you run and the gear you hunt this is just my opinion though lol .. field trials mean nothing to me,wouldn't of thought they would to most but obviously they do to you? I'm happy with my curs they suit me and what and where I hunt just like you are with yours I guess? Would I be happy having your dogs and vice versa? Probably not but hey ho I'll not lose any sleep over it haha..saying that I just think you may be taken aback with Swift up your way? ATB Andy