MINSHAW .....

You recon if you pamper them it fecks them up... Thats was what was wrong with the flame dog it was spending to much time infront of the fire...

How would that affect the dogs preformance??

The dog caught shit loads of gear "when it fancied it", other times it just watched rabbits in the beam it was mental lol

It lived outside ...

My dogs are like pets in the house and strom toopers in the feilds lol

ive just realised i am arguing about pampering dogs. you win steve. i am going out its a sat night and the champs league finals on. dogs are done and dusted for today.

if you want to argue pm ez fr my number

• Like 1

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

I agree with that Wilf :yes:

Something the young lads starting out should bear in mind...

I think its down to the close breeding a few amazing freaks and some mentally disturbed ones..

Surely not every pup in blues litter was mustard and took truck loads of game ???

1st of all you said ,,some ones dog jacked could not give a f///k meself thats their problem,, but you said it was becaurse the dog was pamperd,, me and other folk, said keeping them in a house dont make them jack,,, but going back to keeping them in warm bedding which you said again your dads dogs never got, has in heat lamps,[not saying your kennals was not a palace before you trist it],,why are you having heat lamps,in your kennels ,,your saying 1 thing then saying the opisite,,, thats me done this subject,,,

1st of all you said ,,some ones dog jacked could not give a f///k meself thats their problem,, but you said it was becaurse the dog was pamperd,, me and other folk, said keeping them in a house dont make them jack,,, but going back to keeping them in warm bedding which you said again your dads dogs never got, has in heat lamps,[not saying your kennals was not a palace before you trist it],,why are you having heat lamps,in your kennels ,,your saying 1 thing then saying the opisite,,, thats me done this subject,,,

ok.

your looking for trouble, there no diffrents, with keeping them under a heat,lamp than haveing them infront of a fire,,,,but the bond you get when in the house, his a great feeling,they become your best mate,,theres times were you talk to them more than the mrs,

aye if I had a pound for everytime the wife said " you love they dogs more than me " I,d be a fookin millionare lol

• Like 1

your looking for trouble, there no diffrents, with keeping them under a heat,lamp than haveing them infront of a fire,,,,but the bond you get when in the house, his a great feeling,they become your best mate,,theres times were you talk to them more than the mrs,

aye if I had a pound for everytime the wife said " you love they dogs more than me " I,d be a fookin millionare lol

Fcuk me wouldnt we all :laugh: ,I get that on a weekly basis at the very least
  • Like 2

Can you break a buck rabbits neck though Jamie? Hahha!

Why are people talking so much about a jacker? Wether its a minshaw, hancock, blackwater if its jacked its not worth a carrot and i wouldnt be talking about it for 20 odd pages!

There not robots at the end of the day as much as folk like to think they are!

Giros roughly seen 6/7 minshaws (collie lurchers) and 3 are jackers to owned by same fella and another out of a jacker! Says it all really i must be lucky ive owned a few so as my dad and brother only 2 have been shit one bred by the man who owned two jackers and the other the father to the jacker giro's seen.

Now i've seen a fair few of this collie lurcher type run and all apart from the 2 mentioned have all been spot on. Would run them selves to death for their owners. Don't no if i've been lucky or just been out with better dog men than you Giro?

Also i think the best way to create a bond with your dog is not watching tele but out in the field spending houra training/getting them fit chasing rabbits not bored watchin corrie haha!

Theae are just my opinion and i am very passionate. About this strain of lurchers so it's only right i say my piece.

Theres good and bad in every breed.

Also whin we have never once said our dogs are daytime dogs always have been and always will be purposly bred lamping dogs. The difference is youve seen a mongrel catch A hare on the lamp ive seen my mongrels run 30! Pre-ban of course! But i'm willing to have a look out with you next year if thats what you reeeealy want?!

You'se can say what you like about these types of dogs but it wont make me change my mind on them. I love them and wouldn't own out else. So any puffters or zak dingle lookalikes want to put them down go for it i couldn't give a flyingg f**k i'm happy with them.

Dont no if any of this makes sence it sounds better in my head and i'm useless at putting my thoughts across on the computer haha!

• Like 8

Reminds me of the joke when the missus said "You love Newcastle United more then me" !! I said "I love fcuking Sunderland more than you "!! LOL !!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Why are people talking so much about a jacker? Wether its a minshaw, hancock, blackwater if its jacked its not worth a carrot and i wouldnt be talking about it for 20 odd pages!

Giros roughly seen 6/7 minshaws (collie lurchers) and 3 are jackers to owned by same fella and another out of a jacker! Says it all really i must be lucky ive owned a few so as my dad and brother only 2 have been shit one bred by the man who owned two jackers and the other the father to the jacker giro's seen.

Now i've seen a fair few of this collie lurcher type run and all apart from the 2 mentioned have all been spot on. Would run them selves to death for their owners. Don't no if i've been lucky or just been out with better dog men than you Giro?

Also i think the best way to create a bond with your dog is not watching tele but out in the field spending houra training/getting them fit chasing rabbits not bored watchin corrie haha!

Theae are just my opinion and i am very passionate. About this strain of lurchers so it's only right i say my piece.

Also whin we have never once said our dogs are daytime dogs always have been and always will be purposly bred lamping dogs. The difference is youve seen a mongrel catch A hare on the lamp ive seen my mongrels run 30! Pre-ban of course! But i'm willing to have a look out with you next year if thats what you reeeealy want?!

You'se can say what you like about these types of dogs but it wont make me change my mind on them. I love them and wouldn't own out else. So any puffters or zak dingle lookalikes want to put them down go for it i couldn't give a flyingg f**k i'm happy with them.

Dont no if any of this makes sence it sounds better in my head and i'm useless at putting my thoughts across on the computer haha!

still ugly feckers though :laugh:

Reminds me of the joke when the missus said "You love Newcastle United more then me" !! I said "I love fcuking Sunderland more than you "!! LOL !!

Cheers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

still ugly feckers though :laugh:

Hahaa your right there mate. Ugliest coie lurchers ive seen.... Least no one would pinch them if they where tied up outside shop haha!

• Like 1

but going back to keeping them in warm bedding which you said again your dads dogs never got,

My dogs won't keep bedding in their kennels Jim they drag the fecker out lol and lie in the dog run...I've never kept a lurcher in the house and never would...that's the way I am they are dogs nothing more and nothing less to me...as for saying they won't make old bones well IMO that don't make one iota of a difference? My previous dogs have all been still capable of putting in a shift at ten years of age that many young dogs couldn't match and like the lad said I had my old bitch PTS last year just shy of her 16th birthday not bad for a dog bottle fed from one day old as she had no dam and then lived outside all her life? Good luck to you guys who keep them indoors,I'll guarantee WHATEVER the weather throws at my dog it'll not be fazed in the slightest...not so sure about myself though! ATB Andy

but going back to keeping them in warm bedding which you said again your dads dogs never got,

My dogs won't keep bedding in their kennels Jim they drag the fecker out lol and lie in the dog run...I've never kept a lurcher in the house and never would...that's the way I am they are dogs nothing more and nothing less to me...as for saying they won't make old bones well IMO that don't make one iota of a difference? My previous dogs have all been still capable of putting in a shift at ten years of age that many young dogs couldn't match and like the lad said I had my old bitch PTS last year just shy of her 16th birthday not bad for a dog bottle fed from one day old as she had no dam and then lived outside all her life? Good luck to you guys who keep them indoors,I'll guarantee WHATEVER the weather throws at my dog it'll not be fazed in the slightest...not so sure about myself though! ATB Andy

Aye, thon west wind chills the bones of us owld'uns, Andy ! But ne'er mind, the summers coming and we can sit on't porch and wait of the bairns bringing back the catch....and bore them daft aboot what we used t' catch !! LOL !!

Cheers. ;)

Same as that, mine don't actually like being in the house very much as they get too hot.....when I get back from a little trip out they are at the back door wanting back in the run.

But I don't think it makes any difference work wise if a dog is out or in mate

Atb

Wilf

• Like 1