MINSHAW .....

Dosnt tommo have his dog under a heat lamp all winter? That would be a lot warmer than my house any way....

And before any one says it im not jealous of tommo or tommos dog having a heat lamp :laugh:

my kennels are getting wired up so we can get heat lamps in for them in the harsh weather...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

keeping dogs in comfort, dont make dogs jack, all me dogs are gas fire dogs,,bin out with loads of dogs in ruff ruff weather, were the sleet sticks to 1 side of the dogs,,and seen kennel dogs, try and hide behind the owner,, iff owt it turns my dogs on, they go up a gear when wet.cold

well ya could say the same about dogs that live inside. ive seen a few not even get out the van if its too wet or windy. and when they are out there hiding away. its just one those things really. all dogs are different

imo doing that to the flame dog never helped. but if it was shit it was shit not my problem really.

my dogs are ok and as long as they give 100% they will be in my kennels for a long time..

finally ive got a reply from ya..

just my opinion really.

don't need to go defensive just because yours are kept inside, we all look after our dogs different.

why do you think you get a better bond when there kept inside?

Because your spending more time with the dog..

When your watching tv its by your feet not board in the kennel..

Not being defensive, curious..

You give conflicting information... "dont pamper" but your looking to invest in heat lamp...

Why did the warmth and human interaction impeed that pictular dog??

keeping them warm and looking after them,his not just for the fun of it,, they last longer and make old bones, all being well,,the tramps and home,less weather very quick, and dont make old bones, big beleaver dogs are the same,,

imo it makes no difference with making old bones. old jack amd kelsey were ancient when they got pts and same goes for my uncles dog ..aslong as the dog is taken care of and there no serious health issues they will keep plodding on.

Some dogs have the 'greatness' in them,...I've never been lucky enough to own such a critter,..but what I do know is,..it is hard to feck up a truly top class animal,..it CAN be done, and for my sins, I have probably managed it,..BUT,..most average lurcher dogs will benefit from all the 'breaks' and assistance that you can give them...

Obviously, as I say, the real deals are a wee bit special,.but speaking for myself,..I am in the rabbit control game for the gold doubloons,.I ain't interested in today,..it is tomorrow, that pays my bills...

"Work them Hard, and Treat them like Heroes',... :thumbs:

your looking for trouble, there no diffrents, with keeping them under a heat,lamp than haveing them infront of a fire,,,,but the bond you get when in the house, his a great feeling,they become your best mate,,theres times were you talk to them more than the mrs,

why am i making trouble, im not by the way!! i have a different opinion to you thats all. and as for making bonds with them living indoors has fuk all to do with minshaws.

Because your spending more time with the dog..

When your watching tv its by your feet not board in the kennel..

Not being defensive, curious..

You give conflicting information... "dont pamper" but your looking to invest in heat lamp...

Why did the warmth and human interaction impeed that pictular dog??

i said flame got pampered!!

and i am wiring up the dog kennels so i thought i would treat them to heat lamps for when its sub zero temps. also they are always in if we ever decide to have a litter of pups.

You recon if you pamper them it fecks them up... Thats was what was wrong with the flame dog it was spending to much time infront of the fire...

How would that affect the dogs preformance??

The dog caught shit loads of gear "when it fancied it", other times it just watched rabbits in the beam it was mental lol

It lived outside ...

My dogs are like pets in the house and strom toopers in the feilds lol

I've got two bitches, both kenneled, in fact they wont come in the house, they prefer the kennel. They are in a warm, dry, draught proof enviroment, and I have oil-filled radiators in the kennels that kick in at 1 degree above zero, to stop the water icing over. Both them have bonded extremly well with me, in fact the Deer x is a "one man dog". Nothing wrong at all with keeping dogs inside, but I prefer my working dogs kenneled.

Cheers.

• Like 2

i dont know why everyone is getting in a piss because someone said they saw a minshaw type sicken, i friend of mine speakes very higly of this type of mutt but at the same time he also says its well known that a few dont make the grade.........that could be said for any dog if you stop and think about it.

The few lads on here that post about this type of dog and keep them obviously dont keep sub-standard animals so its no insult to them.

From what i have been told they throw a few sickners, but when they throw a good un then its very good.......nothing wrong with that imho

And for my tuppence worth, saying a dog kept indoors wont be as good is a little silly in my opinion.......its blood & work that makes a dog

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2