MINSHAW .....

The flame never stayed in the house...

Mine do and it never made them jack, Jims snipe lives in the house dont think thats effected his working ability...

I dont think warm beds and TLC make dogs jack lol

• Like 1

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

it did up to 6 month old. well what i was hearing it was getting pampered like a toy dog and not like a working dog.

im not saying stopping in the house makes dog jack in this case i didnt think it helped that flame dog!! just an opinion thats all and it isnt just me with this opinion there is a few more.

why wer u banned of oftp

Ask your Aunty...

I upset you all saying lamping was for chavs and insulting her saying she knew nothing about dogs.. But you know all that fella.

ferritnstew001.jpg

I have to disagree, I like a dog n the house around me as much as i can, strenghens the bond and trust. JMO its been ok for me so far.

I wonder where you all hear these things from lol what else have you heard??

oh yer u were bein odd back then though. u were a chav a few year back of what i can remember haha

i agree it probably would bring a bond. only difference with my dogs being in a kennel and yours inside is that yours gets a jacket on and fire turned up when the temp dips below 5 degrees haha

Just winding them up my argument was it attracts a lot of chavs, its easy to pick up compared to netting or snaring.. Some folk belive its the only aspect of lurcher work..

I probly did not word very well..

Some folk took it very personally.. I lamp :thumbs:

Edited by Giro

Just winding them up my argument was it attracts a lot of chavs, its easy to pick up compared to netting or snaring.. Some folk belive its the only aspect of lurcher work..

I probly did not word very well..

Some folk took it very personally.. I lamp :thumbs:

Giro im not getting into this argument but we both know you havent been banned by frankle's aunty or anyone else, you have even been on today

hope you wasnt to upset that we havent been talking about you mate??

i think the topic where you pissed folk off was "LAMPERS ARE MESSERS AND A MONKEY CAN LAMP" it was never going to be a popular statement was it really??

i sort of understood where you was coming from as we all know there is plenty of messers around but you tarred everyone and surgested folk who wear tracky bottoms

are just chav's well it's not a fashion show is it (even though i dont wear trackies) if i don my tweads will you allow me to lamp with you??

Some interesting sub-arguments here.

I don't really agree that keeping a dog in a house makes it less tough, although they do probaby get a thicker jacket living out all the time, but if they are worked hard enough, they should see plenty of harsh weather, and not everyone has their house that warm anyhow.

Also, i do agree with Giros point, that of all types of lurcher work, lampng, for obvious reasons, attracts the largest number of idiots.

But not sure either of those things have feck all to do with minshaws.

Sub arguments.

Daz I am banned, I attempted to log in today and am banned..

I would stand by the comment a monkey could lamp however to what standard could be arguable..

Now I belive you could give a novice a handy dog and a lamp and they would be sucsessful and if you where to give them a dog and a long net or gate net they would not have the same sucsess rate..

Lamping has little finacial out lay compared to ferreting when you consider nets,loacting equipment and spades..

Its easier to get out lamping if your straying onto private land..

It was never going to go down well, it was crack and folk got upset, I just carried it on. However a certain % of what i said was of substance and carried truths..

I am away to get the fillet steak and the hot water bottles ready.. Back later :laugh:

Edited by Giro

keeping dogs in comfort, dont make dogs jack, all me dogs are gas fire dogs,,bin out with loads of dogs in ruff ruff weather, were the sleet sticks to 1 side of the dogs,,and seen kennel dogs, try and hide behind the owner,, iff owt it turns my dogs on, they go up a gear when wet.cold

Dosnt tommo have his dog under a heat lamp all winter? That would be a lot warmer than my house any way....

And before any one says it im not jealous of tommo or tommos dog having a heat lamp :laugh:

Guest Moscow

Keeping dogs warm and comfortable is not confined to them being kept in the house. Lurchers are canine athletes they will not perform at there best kept in poor conditions and fed on crap.

• Like 4

We used to keep our working sheepdogs on chains, and they lived out, in wooden barrels,...they were working the hills and valleys in all weathers,.... tough as teak,..fabulous partners..

However,.. the average running dog, is never going to need that type of rugged outlook, and physical toughness... :laugh:

So,..personaly,..I like to have the dogs around me,...they will kennel if required, but I just like to see them all curled up , nice and cosy..

In the season, we are ferreting most days,.we travel all over the South and never really know what is on the cards, until we get out of the truck,..that is the business,..and the dogs have to help out, whether it is good ground, or bad....

We would be proper fecked without them. :yes:

I don't think treating them like pets, when the days work is done, has ruined them, and if it has, well,..who fecking cares :laugh:

• Like 1