the perfect rabbit dog

Just get a good bred whippet..lol and as for the comment on dh x gh, iv not got one myself but dh gh x collie gh..29tts and touching 80lbs in weight, she can turn let me tell you..maybe not aswell as smaller dogs, but the whippet types etc can't get away from her, and that's on flat land and on the ruff mountain stuff ..maybe its because she's intimidating the smaller dogs I don't know ,cos she's a big fecker..but she can turn and after about five or six strides they can kiss her tight f*****g arse lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your deer x's are that good you went and bought a bull x FOR RABBITS,you are deluded to think that a 28 tts deer x is going to turn better than a little beddy/whip.As a out and out rabbit dog for ferr

one that catches rabbits. with rabbits, it aint about the breed, some bull x's can excel more than some whippets. not generally, but they can. its down to the dog itself and how the strike, run and lo

My preference in dogs is collie xs so I'd chose one of them having said that a well bred whippet/grey is hard to beat at the bunnys

Posted Images

gotta be collie x's for me, they've got it all....maybe not like a grew on bowling greens or a saluki or d/h cross on big land or the determination of a terrier x,collie x's are tough as old boots though and i'd rather hang about while mine stalked a bunny than take a more instant aim and fire type to the vets regular, without wanting to offend anyone as a rule (and there made to be broken) they are imo consistently better retrievers an absolute must for a good rabbiter

Never a truer word spoken. Spot on!!

I've heard that if you haveto much collie in it ,, it can be to clever and pick its run? Don't know I ain't owned 1 a Kelpie x is catchin my eye just as much as a beddy whip,, anyone got some footage of beddy whips working?

right to a point regards the amount of collie in the mix, as they will have feckin brain on them even a 1/4 collie lol. With any lurcher, you got to try to make it (successful) with everything it does. So put it on rabbits that you know its got good chance it will catch, if silly slips any x will pick its runs not just colliexs :yes: . 1xs are good lurchers, but so are 1/4 bred colliexs, just that bit fast norm, but my 1x is fast for this x .

• Like 1

well having had differnt xs over the years, from ,( colliexs, bullxs, bitsza, no ne ped whippet, as a rabbit dog and nothing else got to be collire x grey, they are the best at this job day+night . And my best so far from all my rabbits dogs as been Bryn my 1x collie grey. His best night on the lamp is (28 from 30 runs) and marked 30 in the day ferreting, which i think is good a very good rabbit dog.

Bryn 1x collie grey 25in 60lb 5 in sep.

b2-1.jpg

n7-1.jpg

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

got to agree and disagree seen beddy xs do the same as bryn bird its just what your useing and how often there out and how much game you put in front of them any half decent x will do it not takeing anything away from bryn think he is a classy dog and dont understand why your not taking a pup from him atb

well having had differnt xs over the years, from ,( colliexs, bullxs, bitsza, no ne ped whippet, as a rabbit dog and nothing else got to be collire x grey, they are the best at this job day+night . And my best so far from all my rabbits dogs as been Bryn my 1x collie grey. His best night on the lamp is (28 from 30 runs) and marked 30 in the day ferreting, which i think is good a very good rabbit dog.

Bryn 1x collie grey 25in 60lb 5 in sep.

b2-1.jpg

n7-1.jpg

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

got to agree and disagree seen beddy xs do the same as bryn bird its just what your useing and how often there out and how much game you put in front of them any half decent x will do it not takeing anything away from bryn think he is a classy dog and dont understand why your not taking a pup from him atb

true with the game mate, put enough in front most xs and they will catch. Its just me with the beddyx , mate i had a crap one it put e right of them . You prob can get beddyx as good as colliex . And to be honest the other colliexs were good but regards rabbit day+night Bryn is more better than were . Blaze my old 3/8 collie 5/8 grey was ok on rabbits, but great on fox+ ferrel cats . He had tougher temp than Bryn , anyting with teeth or bigger than him he would kill+pull down ,so there all differnt aint they. Iam hoping to get a gsd x grey this year, which will or should more of alrounder type lurcher, Bryn just a rabbit dog really, but hoping to work him with a gsdx grey, will have to see what happens .!

• Like 2

My old man said that he seen two beddy xs and both when missed a rabbit would hunt up like f**k..but we gota dvd here of a beddy cross, that doesn't do that..so it all depends really. I don't like the coats of beddy crosses particulary..but what doesn't work for me works for another LOL if your just after a rabbiting dog..you will notget any better than a whippet mate..but for ferreting etc have a splash with something with a nose and abut of brains..all depends what you want from it