the perfect rabbit dog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your deer x's are that good you went and bought a bull x FOR RABBITS,you are deluded to think that a 28 tts deer x is going to turn better than a little beddy/whip.As a out and out rabbit dog for ferr

one that catches rabbits. with rabbits, it aint about the breed, some bull x's can excel more than some whippets. not generally, but they can. its down to the dog itself and how the strike, run and lo

My preference in dogs is collie xs so I'd chose one of them having said that a well bred whippet/grey is hard to beat at the bunnys

Posted Images

how do not go for beddie whippet x collie greyhond good x

I have some pups on with this breeding, I put a 26" 5/8grey x 3/8 collie over my 21" 3/4whipp x 1/4 beddy bitch, both racy dogs and great workers, they should make good all round rabbiting dogs? Hoping to make 23" ? 24"?

Chris

so its a tosser for me now between a beddy whip or collie whip grey

Whats wrong with the pups above i think thats what i would be thinking of i would go and see them just my opinion atb

thats rubbish all mine can turn on a six pence got good pace out of the blocks ya must have seen some poor dh x's then

Your deer x's are that good you went and bought a bull x FOR RABBITS,you are deluded to think that a 28 tts deer x is going to turn better than a little beddy/whip.As a out and out rabbit dog for ferreting and mooching a 28 inch dog is going to lose out 9 times out of ten, maybe at lamping it'll hold its own.and to think that a deerhound x is an ideal rabbiting dog just says to me you've not seen many dogs work!

• Like 3

whats my bull x got to do with owt i don't have to explane my self to you why i own her and i never said a dh x could turn better than a whippet x get ya facts right be for ya start spouting out lad i said don't dis miss one as a rabbit dog they will fill a game bag mine do on a regular basis and i have seen plenty work thank you don't asume what i have and haven't seen

whats my bull x got to do with owt i don't have to explane my self to you why i own her and i never said a dh x could turn better than a whippet x get ya facts right be for ya start spouting out lad i said don't dis miss one as a rabbit dog they will fill a game bag mine do on a regular basis and i have seen plenty work thank you don't asume what i have and haven't seen

Eh, i wouldnt put up wi that Gafer, get round his place and smash his face in :laugh:

Eh, i wouldnt put up wi that Gafer, get round his place and smash his face in :laugh:

:laugh: an kick f**k out of his corgi

i no what work for me and the land i run

me thinks joe is wanting you mate :laugh: watch you back

Haven't been in the game long but for me my whippet x greyhound is doin the job well for me on the ground I work, for ferreting he marks catches bolters and clever around the holes, for lamping I run him manly on golf courses and other short grassed areas he's very fast, quick on the turn and a good strike only real problem so far is his retrieving could b better but will get there.

gotta be collie x's for me, they've got it all....maybe not like a grew on bowling greens or a saluki or d/h cross on big land or the determination of a terrier x,collie x's are tough as old boots though and i'd rather hang about while mine stalked a bunny than take a more instant aim and fire type to the vets regular, without wanting to offend anyone as a rule (and there made to be broken) they are imo consistently better retrievers an absolute must for a good rabbiter

Guest born to run1083

a good thing [bANNED TEXT] lamping with them [bANNED TEXT] ya fall ya have sumat tall to hang on to lol done it loads of time i am only 5.8 not big built i think that x is a good un that might be me being biast though as i have all ways had a dh x in my pen and will all ways have one

a deerhound for rabbits come on like.yes they can catch rabbits,but they make it look so boring big slow bad on the turn,seen some handy deerhound crosses but they bore me to be honest,there not bread for rabbits so why suggest 1,seen them excell at bigger game.for the perfect allround rabbiting dog i would go for a,saluki/whippet/grey cross collie/whippet/grey would be hard dog to beat if bread of good workers

As a few have said just for rabs there's no best x just a hard worked animal that knows what it's doing but personally I do like the beddy x on the bunnies