the perfect rabbit dog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your deer x's are that good you went and bought a bull x FOR RABBITS,you are deluded to think that a 28 tts deer x is going to turn better than a little beddy/whip.As a out and out rabbit dog for ferr

one that catches rabbits. with rabbits, it aint about the breed, some bull x's can excel more than some whippets. not generally, but they can. its down to the dog itself and how the strike, run and lo

My preference in dogs is collie xs so I'd chose one of them having said that a well bred whippet/grey is hard to beat at the bunnys

Posted Images

My preference in dogs is collie xs so I'd chose one of them having said that a well bred whippet/grey is hard to beat at the bunnys

• Like 2

Its beddy whippet for me to maybe a wee bit of greyhound in it not much as in beddy whippetx beddy whippet greyhound had a few different xs and thats the one that suits the ground i have .Use them for ferreting mooching and lamping suits my needs atb

Edited by nothernlite

Numerous breeds excel at the rabbiting game though my preference as always been collie x's though things like terrain can limit what dog suits imo,seen some great whippets on the bunnies though they just don't suit my ground.Beddy/whip is a popular choice and they do well as do grews but like a whippet they can struggle on some terrain.

one that catches rabbits. with rabbits, it aint about the breed, some bull x's can excel more than some whippets. not generally, but they can. its down to the dog itself and how the strike, run and lower down to pick them up. some big dogs can be good at them. :thumbs:

• Like 3

there is no 100% answer on a perfect rabbiting dog... some collie greys be better than beddy whippet and vice versa and so on.. the key is finding your personal favourite breed then that would be your perfect dog

different people have different opinions,some have worked different crosses over the years and are in theory more qualified to have an informed opinion.and what do you mean by rabbiting,lamping,daytime or bolting with ferrets or all of them together.at the moment i prefer the whippet,then the collie x.though the bedlington xs have a lot going for them.

Depends on the rabbting job, is it ferreting, lamping, daytime mouching, also the land you frequent could be a contributing factor. The best dogs i have seen were predominately collie based......