Ferrets your biggest litter

One of my wee jills has recently given birth to a litter of 11 , they are 1 week old tomorrow and all still alive although 2 smaller than the rest. The jill is still looking fit and well up to now but im sure 11 will take its toll on her in the coming weeks (if they all make it). Anybody had any bigger litters and did they all survive ?

I have one jill with kits she had 13 one died and the twelve are five weeks on Sunday and there eyes are just opening and there putting away half a rabbit a day

Have had a couple of litters of 12 over the years but nothing bigger 7 seems to be the about norm for us

Our best jill is due to drop today hopefully there will be a few need 2 ourselfs and have good homes already for any surplus

When I first bred ferrets, they were 2 young jills, and I asked the old man whos hob it was, "how many will they have then" and the old boy replied oh- only small litters cos their young. one jill had 13 and the other 14. All survived. Got 2 jills waiting to drop at the moment, hope I dont get that many again, It was pure hectic at feeding time.

When I first bred ferrets, they were 2 young jills, and I asked the old man whos hob it was, "how many will they have then" and the old boy replied oh- only small litters cos their young. one jill had 13 and the other 14. All survived. Got 2 jills waiting to drop at the moment, hop

I dont get that many again, It was pure hectic at feeding time.

I know what you mean mate with the feeding,at the moment mine are in a hutch that opens from doors at the front.ill need to move them in a week or two into a hutch with a lift up lid to keep them at bay a wee bit.Either that or i can take juggling lessons before their eyes open :yes:

• 3 weeks later...