Roe,Muntjac and Foxes

Last Thursday saw me making the annual 300 mile trip down to Wilts to see my good mate Foxdropper for a bit of stalking.

On arrival FD picked me up at the B & B and we headed straight out , Rabbitcontroller accompanied us.The weather wasnt great , a bit misty but we ventured on until after climbing a farm gate , RC spotted a muntjac around 150 yards away in some hawthorns.

I quickly dropped to the floor and sent a 100 grn .243 which poleaxed a small buck on the spot. Cheers RC for spotting the munty , I was much obliged :thumbs:

tims001.jpg

We then proceeded to another piece of ground where on last light I shot a yearling 4 point roebuck.

4.30am Friday morning FD picked me up and we headed to a permission which I call my favourite as always have success there.This time was no different , another roebuck grassed after a crawl through soaking wet grass. We saw 3 bucks on this ground that morning and a hell of a lot of territorial marking , looking good for the future FD :yes:

tims006.jpg

Midday saw us at another farm where FD had seen a buck. We were hampered a bit by dogwalkers but FD headed for the last field on the ground and sure enough this is where the buck was to be found. A 100 yard shot this time , this really old buck took the perfect strike and ran a good 80 yards before expiring :icon_eek: A very old buck with his teeth ground to the gums...

tims011.jpg

tims012.jpg

We then set off for out 3rd destination of the day. FD glassed a buck lying down against a hedge with only the tips of his antlers showing.After a great stalk down a hedgerow keeping a tree between us we managed to close the distance to around 40 yards. I shot him off my sticks straight through the atlas joint....a very nice buck :toast:

tims017.jpg

That evening saw us at our 4th destination of the day and I was certainly on a roll taking another buck at last light which had one of his back feet missing , a good animal to cull...

tims019.jpg

tims020.jpg

4.30 am Saturday morning and we met up with Local Matt who has already posted this outing , I shot a fox at this farm

I shot another fox at midday at my favourite place....

tims026.jpg

That evening saw us at another permission where we were watching a buck in a field around 300 yards away when a fox appeared on the scene travelling in our direction :D FD gave it one of his expert calls and it screamed in , shooting it at about 30 yards.... :thumbs:

tims027.jpg

This was the 3rd fox of the day shot in daylight , its not every day that happens :toast:

The evening wasnt finished yet though as we called at another spot and after a fantastic stalk on another buck, Number 6 roebuck was in the bag....

tims028.jpg

Final bag 6 roebucks , 1 muntjac buck and 3 foxes :boogy::toast::D

tims024.jpg

Thanks again FD for a fantastic couple of days. Its great to be in the presence of like minded folk who love being out there, I cannot thank you enough :thumbs::toast:

• Like 6

Nicely written mate and some top class shooting i must say .10 shots for 10 kills straight aint to be sniffed at when your tired ,lol.

Still plenty about though so no dent made .I reckon that when luck was given out you were up there at the front either that or im just a bloody good, all round, guide :angel: . Theres been another big buck seen at Lyneham by the way so a trip out there is on the cards i feel .Weather here looks good for the weekend so :drinks: heres to hoping .Cheers mate .

• 2 months later...