Chicken coop for ferrets.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got one of them coops off ebay secondhand for £60..it had never been used etc etc.

I took the nest box off the end and blocked up the hole with the wood left over,made a small partition inside the box for a sleeping area.. its not gonna last 20 years but its cheap cheerfull,doesnt look a right old mess like some of the homemade ones do..and it serves the purpose of housing the stinkers.. for the money I paid there was nothing on the market thats anywhere near as good.. im pretty shite at DIY so something i can use immediatley without having to design and build siuts me fine.

Thanks for all the help and ideas folks.

I've decided...

Go for a 7x5 shed same as I've got now but a new one because mine is frigged.

Where the single hutch is on top of the black cupboard will be a double tier 4' x 2' hutch.

The shelf to the right will be cleared, meshed off and made into 2 levels, accessible from the 2 tier hutch via a pipe.

The black cupboard will go under the shelf, that's where my shavings, dry food and lamping gear goes and the single hutch will go outside for if ever I need to seperate.

And then I will take the top third off the shed door and mesh that section.

73738663.jpg

Gaz

What's the general rule for housing requirements?

I used to have 7 ferrets in a 10' x 10' quite happily. 5 jills and 2 hobs.

My new accommodation will be a 4' x 2' double tier hutch linked to a 5' x 2.5 foot x 4' high play area with various tubes, shelves, hammocks etc.

I've already got a vasectomised hob, how many Jills could I comfortably house with him in this set up?

Thanks

Gaz

ive got one of those. I put some wood flooring on it and its raised on bricks. I also put another level in it. its easy to clean and mine is sturdy. I brought it when i had no idea about ferreting and was just starting out, it does the job but in the furture i would get a shed and mod it.