Question for Albert and other show organisers. Would you consider putting on a race for greyhounds at the shows? That way, people with greyhounds could give them a spin up the track against their own type? This could include people who use them for hunting, breeding, racing at shows, retired and rescue pet dogs and ones who never made the grade for the track for whatever reason? Also -perhaps any disputed' lurchers' (99% greyhound) could join them, rather than run against the lurchers? I realise this could perhaps involve more work but it could perhaps be a solution to the problem?

• Like 2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anybody feelin proud of th dog winning a faggy ribbon should start racing at drumbo park instead, atleast ya win good doe for the win, lurchers are all different so how do ya race them fairly????? bre

very interesting reading this thread-----lads , just forget it, its only fun , if you want to keep winning , buy a purebred and race it at shelbourne or somewhere closer to you , if these people are c

thought the whole day was shit can't say i was cheated on anything because all i took was a terrier never entered him in anything but afew mates that had good working lurchers in the shows where abit

Its a good idea but my lurchers aren't racing bred an i race them for the crack but because a few on here can't take it then they say that's a greyhound or this is a greyhound no facts or truths 2 run on they all need 2 wise up its for a bit of a laugh over the summer

Question for Albert and other show organisers. Would you consider putting on a race for greyhounds at the shows? That way, people with greyhounds could give them a spin up the track against their own type? This could include people who use them for hunting, breeding, racing at shows, retired and rescue pet dogs and ones who never made the grade for the track for whatever reason? Also -perhaps any disputed' lurchers' (99% greyhound) could join them, rather than run against the lurchers? I realise this could perhaps involve more work but it could perhaps be a solution to the problem?

LF, Not a bad idea will put it Matt & Shane.

Albert

If you want to scream about puppy farmers why inflict on one of the FEW people prepared to RISK their money to run gamefairs I don't Know ALBERT J. I have never met him how a guy in his Position puts up with this PISH I don't know I can't see the guys who run other fairs answering the disgruntled moans for this length of time. START FIGHTING THE ANTIS YOU'VE GOT PLENTY OF THEM OVER THERE>

A very sensible post. In my opinion with the recent TV series on badger baiting which went nowhere except to associate that digging led to badgers ( which people love because of their very good PR image!) and dogs ( which again people love - see the result in BGOT) being serously hurt PLUS THE FACT THAT hunts Are being prosecuted, I can see a move to ban hunting with dogs. I have done my bit on the PR front to promote responsible hunting with hunts and terriers & lurchers being featured in our press receptions, PR and at our events BUT a great deal of the positives have been nullified by people on this forum attacking each other and making wild allegations. Suspicions, envy and personalised attacks have become the order of the day. This leads to fragmentation within the terrier & lurcher community instead of what is needed i.e a coming together and getting organised.

My wife had a rule in our house that you could say what you like and express your opinions bluntly SO LONG AS YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING NASTY ABOUT ANYONE ELSE. This resulted in three very well mannered sons who aren't afraid to voice their opinion and will stand their corner in any forum or situation BUT not in a nasty, personalised or vindictive fashion.

I don't mind debate or constructive criticism and many good ideas have come out of my debates with people on this forum. Overall I have enjoyed the craic as I don't hold grudges and I find most people don't either. Many of the spats I have had have resulted in a hand shake when we meet at shows and that is the way it should be. BUT although I am the figurehead for our events and probably 'punch above my weight' in the decision making. I have four other colleagues who I have to bring along with me on discussions on what we should put our investment into in terms of prize funds. And make no mistake unlike other events our prize fund is largely sponsored out of our own funds and is a large proportion of any profits generated.

When we invest in fishing, shooting or gundogs ( the latter two my own interests) we get good entries and nothing but positive PR when we invest in terriers, lurchers, and whippets we get good entries BUT a lot of arguments and negative PR - I think you can see where this is going!

Albertj

• Like 2

If you want to scream about puppy farmers why inflict on one of the FEW people prepared to RISK their money to run gamefairs I don't Know ALBERT J. I have never met him how a guy in his Position puts up with this PISH I don't know I can't see the guys who run other fairs answering the disgruntled moans for this length of time. START FIGHTING THE ANTIS YOU'VE GOT PLENTY OF THEM OVER THERE>

A very sensible post. In my opinion with the recent TV series on badger baiting which went nowhere except to associate that digging led to badgers ( which people love because of their very good PR image!) and dogs ( which again people love - see the result in BGOT) being serously hurt PLUS THE FACT THAT hunts Are being prosecuted, I can see a move to ban hunting with dogs. I have done my bit on the PR front to promote responsible hunting with hunts and terriers & lurchers being featured in our press receptions, PR and at our events BUT a great deal of the positives have been nullified by people on this forum attacking each other and making wild allegations. Suspicions, envy and personalised attacks have become the order of the day. This leads to fragmentation within the terrier & lurcher community instead of what is needed i.e a coming together and getting organised.

My wife had a rule in our house that you could say what you like and express your opinions bluntly SO LONG AS YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING NASTY ABOUT ANYONE ELSE. This resulted in three very well mannered sons who aren't afraid to voice their opinion and will stand their corner in any forum or situation BUT not in a nasty, personalised or vindictive fashion.

I don't mind debate or constructive criticism and many good ideas have come out of my debates with people on this forum. Overall I have enjoyed the craic as I don't hold grudges and I find most people don't either. Many of the spats I have had have resulted in a hand shake when we meet at shows and that is the way it should be. BUT although I am the figurehead for our events and probably 'punch above my weight' in the decision making. I have four other colleagues who I have to bring along with me on discussions on what we should put our investment into in terms of prize funds. And make no mistake unlike other events our prize fund is largely sponsored out of our own funds and is a large proportion of any profits generated.

When we invest in fishing, shooting or gundogs ( the latter two my own interests) we get good entries and nothing but positive PR when we invest in terriers, lurchers, and whippets we get good entries BUT a lot of arguments and negative PR - I think you can see where this is going!

Albertj

albert dont know why you be bothered with this and all the crap that goes with it

Albertj

albert dont know why you be bothered with this and all the crap that goes with it

simple mohamad--- albert has a true love of working dogs only a fool would'nt be able to see that, but it's these same fools who will, i've no doubt, be the forefront of lurchers & terriers becoming a thing of the past at these gamefairs if all the bitching does'nt stop, albert has pointed out this could happen, but left it to those responsible of the bitching to end it----TAKE NOTE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.-----DEN

Albertj

simple mohamad--- albert has a true love of working dogs only a fool would'nt be able to see that, but it's these same fools who will, i've no doubt, be the forefront of lurchers & terriers becoming a thing of the past at these gamefairs if all the bitching does'nt stop, albert has pointed out this could happen, but left it to those responsible of the bitching to end it----TAKE NOTE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.-----DEN

he might have but only so much of this crap he will take and then what happens bundle of dicks robbing youngsters of a bloody rossette hope there proud
  • 5 weeks later...

Hope this is the end of this particular thread. As far as I am aware no one has brought forward any proof of cheating. My current post on prizes and classification at Shanes Castle indocates the way we will deal with allegations in future.

Albertj

Please try not to use that sort of language flash3241, you are not in your usual company, where it is well accepted. I was simply giving my opinion on the quality of the statements you made including the one about placing your real name along with any comments made. AlbertJ now all we need is time to see if these new regulations shall suffice for future allegations.