Giblet lines

Guest little_lloyd

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:laugh: I started laughing again as soom as I spotted that f*ckin title! Read some great posts and I'm still laughing so much the Dogs are getting concerned!

Chalkie; Yeppers, mate. In those days, let's face it; If ye were walking the walk it was essential that ye looked The Look :laugh: FFS! Self image was Everything! :rofl: (God, I'm enjoying this thread!)

I got run into Kingston nick one day - perfect misunderstandig, as it happens. As they sifted through my old great coat, Their eyes were bulging! More f*ckin pockets sewn inside that coat than a 'utillity vest'. And when one of 'em pulled out the rabbit wires ..... :whistle:

Fortunately, there was no such law as 'Going Prepared to Commit Conicide' ;)

Anyway, ye cheeky sod; I'm sat here in my dicklo as I write this! Ever get in any charity shops, mate? That's the only place I can find decent ones and there's none of those around here. I need some new ones ~ and I'm desperately after a Black one. Plain black. Got a funeral coming up :(

Guest The Big Fish

So what is a Gibbet line?

A line where you hang shot/trapped vermin etc! Normaly consists of squirrels,corvids and foxes etc etc

:icon_eek: So its not where you hang parts of chicken then? :laugh:

Guest The Big Fish

The idea of the "giblet line" :laugh::haha: was to show to the keepers boss, just how well that his employee was catching the vermin that he was paid to catch. So obviously the more dead things that appeared on the line, the happier the boss was.

Nowadays its just the odd piece of chicken or turkey that gets put on display :clapper:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:laugh: I honestly think that, should this place ever host a " Classic Threads " board; This one should be on it!

Even now I smile every time I see the heading! :D