Well ive had 3 fenns down around the lake for almost a week now and I have caught nothing, caught 7 magpies is the larson trap by the lake though so thats something! lab-tastic I didnt know coots killed ducklings, ive heard rumours of moorhens doing so but never knew whether to believe it...

Look no further.....7 magpies!! That should help the egg numbers.....well done. Keep moving your larsen every few days mate and go at them......... :thumbs: Yes the coots are a b*****d to ducklings....if you see them shoot the buggers..... :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

far to clear to be one of your pics

well personally i hate the little feckers

That could be your coots...............shoot them on sight...

Posted Images

RM2508 The name of the section says.......Wildlife and General Photography-Discuss wildlife sightings and topics from mammals to birds..including photography .:thumbs:

Well it is good to know that it was probably magpies then because atleast I can say I got some revenge! I still have some suspicions of a mink hanging around though as there is just almost no small water fowl life, just the odd coot, duck and those bloody canadas! Does anyone know of what other signs I could look for as evidence of mink? Because although I cant see or trap them I am sure there must be one hanging around, and a female with young were spotted just half a mile away last summer.... :hmm:

Thankyou

Edited by kobidog

RM2508 The name of the section says.......Wildlife and General Photography-Discuss wildlife sightings and topics from mammals to birds..including photography .:thumbs:

Well it is good to know that it was probably magpies then because atleast I can say I got some revenge! I still have some suspicions of a mink hanging around though as there is just almost no small water fowl life, just the odd coot, duck and those bloody canadas! Does anyone know of what other signs I could look for as evidence of mink? Because although I cant see or trap them I am sure there must be one hanging around, and a female with young were spotted just half a mile away last summer.... :hmm:

Thankyou

Look for tracks along the waters' edge, and scats in prominant places.

You could also try a Mink raft tethered in the pond, if there are Mink around they'll soon investigate it and leave tracks in the clay pad.