• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

far to clear to be one of your pics

well personally i hate the little feckers

That could be your coots...............shoot them on sight...

Posted Images

:laugh:

to easy definately not one of yours,now if romany had put that up i wouldnt have questioned it :laugh:

i only do fuzzy :laugh:

apparently fuzzy is good :laugh:

fuzzy is good :thumbs:

Fuzzy is God you mean :notworthy:

:laugh:

maybe squirrel if there is trees that overhang

Definately not a squirrel, no way of them getting to the island..I havent seen any rats about there either, what do people think of mink?

Definately not a squirrel, no way of them getting to the island..I havent seen any rats about there either, what do people think of mink?

well personally i hate the little feckers :laugh:
  • Like 1

Any signs of birds killed or any fish eaten?. If not then i'm still going with crow

Any signs of birds killed or any fish eaten?. If not then i'm still going with crow

you been watching them john wayne films again :laugh:

The lake isnt stocked with fish but thought it may be a mink as I have not been seeing the usual amount of birdlife on the lake recently, there seem to be alot less coots, moorhens and duck! I did find feathers and remains of a coot and tufted duck on the side of the lake though this could have been a fox as apposed to mink, I also found a dead mallard duckling of about a week old floating in the lake but it didnt have any signs of being killed by a mink or fox. I have never actually seen a mink here though one with yound was spotted last summer less than a mile away.

The only reason I thought that it wouldnt be a crow was that the egg shells were right underneath low hanging brambles and I would have thought a crow would feel safer eating them out in the open, where it could fly off should danger arise but I dont know.

The lake isnt stocked with fish but thought it may be a mink as I have not been seeing the usual amount of birdlife on the lake recently, there seem to be alot less coots, moorhens and duck! I did find feathers and remains of a coot and tufted duck on the side of the lake though this could have been a fox as apposed to mink, I also found a dead mallard duckling of about a week old floating in the lake but it didnt have any signs of being killed by a mink or fox. I have never actually seen a mink here though one with yound was spotted last summer less than a mile away.

The only reason I thought that it wouldnt be a crow was that the egg shells were right underneath low hanging brambles and I would have thought a crow would feel safer eating them out in the open, where it could fly off should danger arise but I dont know.

That could be your coots...............shoot them on sight... :yes:

• Like 1

Well ive had 3 fenns down around the lake for almost a week now and I have caught nothing, caught 7 magpies is the larson trap by the lake though so thats something! lab-tastic I didnt know coots killed ducklings, ive heard rumours of moorhens doing so but never knew whether to believe it...