I was going to do what you done lol ..I got a pretty big shed, half it and then half the space of the kennel..so a 1/4 of the shed each and build off it a run etc, but I'm not going to rush it and start cutting up a pretty expensive shed lol so instead, itl cost about 100 quid to make concrete base ,and about 500 for a kennel / run il post a pic up link of what I got in mind

http://www.willsheds.../animal_dog.asp

if you look at my pictures you can see where i had the dogs in 1/3 of my shed the green bit, soon got fed up of that and got hold of a 6 x 3 shed ply lined it added a bed board and stuck it on the other side of the run. far better all round :thumbs:
  • Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice kennels gaffer, only problem with them bars dogs get legs trapped jumping up, ive heard of a few who have had dogs brake legs in them. heres my kennels fully galvanised

mine is 4 meter x 4 meter the bars are 6ft but i have a good pitch on my roof so its prety high in side of it

Give them best you can afford

Posted Images

When I built my first run I made the run area to large and the sleeping area to small. They don't play in the run so an oversized run is wasted space. They only piss in one corner and lay in the sun in the other. When I eventually had 3 lurchers and they wanted their own sleeping space, I didn't have the room in the sleeping compartment to separate them. Where I live now I've made there sleeping compartments out of ply wood, with heat lamps, in the back of my garage. I've cut a hole in the wall with a stil saw and got a galv section run on a concrete base with a roof on. Just be aware of the sun, and a possible sun trap if all 4 sides are galv as there is nowhere to escape the heat.

Ftb u cheat lol yeah, we keep supplies of my gf son meds etc in the big shed along with our camping stuff..and I know I wouldn't of been happy with it once done. Do you think its the need for heat lamps and so on or just a correct way where you can add insulation etc..I could possibly get electric to it, but my old man doesn't seem to think there's any need so..iv been slaving away at a small and fairly big cherry trees out my back..only to find my cuzun done abit working as a tree surgeon and got a chainsaw lol roll on tommorow..cheers

Here,s my set up, shed and run. My potlicker sleeps in the shed bit and its insulated and lined with plastic so can be wiped out and disinfected. Only a small set up and the dogs in the house as much as its out, as i feel you get a better bond with them. Suits me :thumbs: Atb

007.jpg

0082.jpg

• Like 1

Here,s my set up, shed and run. My potlicker sleeps in the shed bit and its insulated and lined with plastic so can be wiped out and disinfected. Only a small set up and the dogs in the house as much as its out, as i feel you get a better bond with them. Suits me :thumbs: Atb

007.jpg

0082.jpg

very smart that :thumbs:

nice that freelance, :thumbs: you can see the dog will be warm in there,, very good that,,,, is that plastic stuff somthing thats easy to buy??

Got it off fleabay tomo cant remember how much but wasn't expensive. I just googled plastic cladding/sheets, its only thin but once its stuck/screwed down and all edged in aluminum angle it is very easy to keep a clean kennel. Have been meaning to silicone all the edge,es inside sleeping box when i get round to doing it LOL. But it was the best thing i did the plastic :thumbs: