Fastest Deer in the UK

Guest Moscow

Aye,thats dogs for you Hedz...as you know the more your out with them then the chances are that sooner or later the gun chamber will be full and your game of russian roulette will end! ATB Andy. ;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the right terrain I think red are the fastest without doubt.   I also think fallow are faster than roe once they get going but roe are quicker threw the gears.

I once heard of a Munty doing 80mph going up the M1 !........It was in a car mind! :laugh:

Been lucky to "nab" a red or two in years gone by and apart from one i think the remainder were all took with a wee bit of fortune..for example something that hindered the darn things lol..pulling the

Posted Images

pre-ban,

i seen a few reds been taken, and also a few dogs taking stags single handed, however i nearly lost a good dog to this (as i told you in another thread). I guess its all to do with the terrain , what everyone is forgetting, is whether it be roe,fallow, red or whatever your looking for, all these animals know there land, ie where the streams are , where the fences are, where the little tracks or whatever it is they can use to evade any possible predator. Thats what helps them, and they will do there best to use this knowledge to there advantage, remember they are running for there life.

Reds on the other hand, anyone trying to run there dog against one of these big beasts (single handed) is taking big risks, they will give your dog the fight of its life, everone is sayin f "if the deer makes a mistake" against one of these, if your dog makes a mistake it is very possible to pay that mistake by its life. With the same token, hinds can be dangerous too. Iguess no-one needs to worry about these things anymore as the ban is in order eh :whistling:

al the best :thumbs:

• Like 3
Guest Moscow

Interesting views are we all agreed that a red stag is the fastest? :D

There are a few on here who should read and keep quiet instead of typing you reckon fred? :laugh:

• Like 1

are you lot talking about fastest in day time or lamping as they run so differently,a wild mammmal in day time knows its terrain inside out and i would of loved to see this

done pre ban in daytime (not roe as ive witnessed the speed of these little beauts)

Guest Moscow

are you lot talking about fastest in day time or lamping as they run so differently,a wild mammmal in day time knows its terrain inside out and i would of loved to see this

done pre ban in daytime (not roe as ive witnessed the speed of these little beauts)

Tell me what you think? thats why I asked the question :thumbs:

I reckon fallow .take off quicker than red but when red get going there doing some , big deer sometimes look faster than they actually are down to some dogs pushing rather than catching all pre ban of course good thread

Guest Moscow

I reckon fallow .take off quicker than red but when red get going there doing some , big deer sometimes look faster than they actually are down to some dogs pushing rather than catching all pre ban of course good thread

Good input youngy.

pre-ban,

i seen a few reds been taken, and also a few dogs taking stags single handed, however i nearly lost a good dog to this (as i told you in another thread). I guess its all to do with the terrain , what everyone is forgetting, is whether it be roe,fallow, red or whatever your looking for, all these animals know there land, ie where the streams are , where the fences are, where the little tracks or whatever it is they can use to evade any possible predator. Thats what helps them, and they will do there best to use this knowledge to there advantage, remember they are running for there life.

Reds on the other hand, anyone trying to run there dog against one of these big beasts (single handed) is taking big risks, they will give your dog the fight of its life, everone is sayin f "if the deer makes a mistake" against one of these, if your dog makes a mistake it is very possible to pay that mistake by its life. With the same token, hinds can be dangerous too. Iguess no-one needs to worry about these things anymore as the ban is in order eh :whistling:

What was the x of the dogs you were useing to take stags single handed ?

pre-ban,

What was the x of the dogs you were useing to take stags single handed ?

:laugh:

post-896-0-34119900-1335991118.jpg

• Like 1

Best dog i ever seen on red stag's was a coursing dog x deerhound/grey that dog pulled plenty in the open fantastic dog if thing's wasnt going it's way when it pulled though it wouldnt stop and if a red stood it would lose it's bottle it was the same with fallow buck's and was never really run on them it was a good hind and doe dog though just lacked the bottle if thing's got tough it was bred to a few bull bred bitch's and never produced feck all though laugh.png but you could never take away the fact that the dog could and did regular pull red stag's in the open thumbs.gif

Best dog i ever seen on red stag's was a coursing dog x deerhound/grey that dog pulled plenty in the open fantastic dog if thing's wasnt going it's way when it pulled though it wouldnt stop and if a red stood it would lose it's bottle it was the same with fallow buck's and was never really run on them it was a good hind and doe dog though just lacked the bottle if thing's got tough it was bred to a few bull bred bitch's and never produced feck all though laugh.png but you could never take away the fact that the dog could and did regular pull red stag's in the open thumbs.gif

so whats plenty you said pulled plenty :hmm: theres pulling em an theres keeping them down...so exactly how many did the dog take ??