T8 went up in smoke

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use a PES and a T8 and to me therfe is little difference in sound moderation,obviously the PES is S/S and as such should last longer,but,if you put your mod in the airing cupboard or on the boiler w

no john never owned one,im puting it down to carelessness on my part.I never much sprayed it or maintained it in anyway as such..............but the next one I will .Reduced to wearing ear cups now mi

hawkeye,in the next few weeks im going to try and sort out a new mod so thanks for that.Its good to hear reports back when I know little to nothing of the different types.Im after wrecking my hearing

Posted Images

being honest guys when Im going shooting its up in the morn and straight out the door as I have an hours drive to get to where im going,so heating a mod might be a bit of a dose.I think I'll look into the predator line of mods as they can be taken apart and cleaned I believe.

It's when you get back home from shooting you heat it up ;) That and the WD40 takes the moisture out of the mod and away from the corrosive crud left from the gasses which cause internal rust.

Looking at your photos again Jig, I bet you had a Neoprene cover on that mod?

no john never owned one,im puting it down to carelessness on my part.I never much sprayed it or maintained it in anyway as such..............but the next one I will .Reduced to wearing ear cups now military style,from army surplus. :cray:

• Like 1

I'm surprised, in the past I've heard of lads having covers on, then not knowing what's going on between the inside of the cover and the outside of the mod, can be a problem spot.

Yeah, get your hearing protected :yes: I've hearing damage and low level tinnitus from not being smart in my early shooting days :duh: Don't let it happen yourself.

hawkeye,in the next few weeks im going to try and sort out a new mod so thanks for that.Its good to hear reports back when I know little to nothing of the different types.Im after wrecking my hearing over the years too john,tinnitus sufferer and left ear moderately damaged right ear also moderately to substantially damaged.The shotguns did me in years ago when at the pigeons.we could start a club the 2 of us,lol

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

Seems to me that Mods get very personal, everyone tends to rate what they have (except a few T8 owners :laugh: ).

Some may well have seen this picture before, it is the setup I have had for several years and they still work fine, fully stripable and EVERY component part available should you ever need it (which I haven't). Not a bad price in a ripoff area and not a bad weight.

There will be many opinions and views and I make no suggestion these are the Best you can get (however you want to define best), but they do for me.

Predator 8 COMPACT, on my .223, .243, .308! :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-10759-0-78337200-1336892560_thumb.jpg

For F*** sake don't buy a Wildcat ! They are like a drain pipe. Might be strippable but are not the dogs by a long way ! they were a rival to the t8 but better mods are now on the market.

Buy a ASE or A-tec send you Knakered T8 back to jackson Rifles and you will get 60% off those two makes of moderators.

ATB

Coldweld

coldweld thats the best bit of info I got in a long time,lolI'll send em an e mail and see what they say.Thanks bigdog,will hold that thought in reserve until I see what kind of results I get from jacksons.

ok john,I'll see what works out for me,thanks.do I class you as john Galway or what,lol

Naw Mike Smith............ :laugh: Hope you get a nice deal sorted mate...........................Nice one John.... :thumbs: