whats the best pcp air rifle to buy for hunting rabbits?

The one that fit's YOU best and you are most comfortable with :yes:

Calibre doesn't matter and all modern air rifles are only limited by the shooters ability to use them!

If your Talland have long arms then a longer gun may suit you, if you have smallish arms the S200 will fit better, middle of the road are pretty much standard length and you can pop along to a dealer and try them out for size.

Tony

The one that fit's YOU best and you are most comfortable with :yes:

Calibre doesn't matter and all modern air rifles are only limited by the shooters ability to use them!

If your Talland have long arms then a longer gun may suit you, if you have smallish arms the S200 will fit better, middle of the road are pretty much standard length and you can pop along to a dealer and try them out for size.

Tony

Like Phantom has said it's down to the shooter and his build...The benchmark tends to be either the AirArms S410 or the Weihrauch HW100

Go shoulder any gun you think you might like before parting with your cash & consider what your going to use it for

I have a daystate and its a cracking gun but im posative you can get a gun that is the same or ones that are better for less money

Theoben is what im going for if i buy a new rifle

ATB

Adam

Wow...entirely down to the individual. Rabbits require a short sharp tap on the noggin/heart & lungs. How best you deliver that is entirely down to you. I use a springer (TX200). PCP wise, well add in some other requirements and you can start getting a clearer picture.

Most want reliability. Can't go wrong with Phantom's s200, or any of the Air arms pcp range I hear. £500 could buy a second hand HW100 if you know where to look. Another legendary rifle with many variants to cater for each personal taste/requirement.

Shot count? My Stealth is reported to have 500 shots in the tank. I think R10's and other buddy bottle rifle boast similar capacity.

Looks?

Pellet tolerances?

Pedigree?

After sales support? Gunpower reported to be none existent - Air Arms allegedly treat you like a shareholder... with others in between

Not sure that is an answer, but i do hope it helps...

Edited by milegajo

I think if your starting off and have 500 quid I would go for a BSA ultra multi shot and a half decent scope which would still leave you room to buy a pump and a tin of pellets. At least then you will have warranty on the parts as they will all be brand new.

Do a search on YouTube for zinaroon and watch his vids on shooting the BSA ultra! A more than competent rifle.

But hey that's what I would do in your shoes.