although the pups are all looking really smart i'm a wee bit surprised at the variety of shapes and sizes, i'd have thought that breeding that close would have had a uniforming effect but smart all the same. are their temperaments / natures as varied ?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Them your track dogs wilf

Posted Images

although this was a sibling mateing the grandparents of these pups at differant sides of the lurcher spectrum deer/grey on one side and saluki type with bull and whippet in there so not as close a mateing to give a uniforming or even cloneing results ...although all the pups are the same shape just differant colour ....from speaking to others their temperments are the same as the parents although one was described as a terrier on stilts ....

cheers moo, i don't mean to be nosey but it's been a wee hobby o mine over the years looking at the way certain traits / faults are carried on down the lines or bred out, some in some lines may skip a generation, even with my own collies x's you've got to be wary of concentrating certain border collie lines because of the increased risk / incidence of some of the inherited collie faults like eye and hip problems, i'm even wary of multi using some greyhound lines that are already in / line bred but with this weather maybe need to think of a wee outcross to a seal eh

We now have a base and in a few years time the decisoin will be made what ones will be the best to breed from ...if any ....but one thing for sure is they will be given every oppertunity to proove there worth ....and hopefully we can find something to bring into the mix that will produce decent working tykes for years to come ....hopefully mine and others sons are working dogs of this type ...when im too old to do so

cheers moo, i don't mean to be nosey but it's been a wee hobby o mine over the years looking at the way certain traits / faults are carried on down the lines or bred out, some in some lines may skip a generation, even with my own collies x's you've got to be wary of concentrating certain border collie lines because of the increased risk / incidence of some of the inherited collie faults like eye and hip problems, i'm even wary of multi using some greyhound lines that are already in / line bred but with this weather maybe need to think of a wee outcross to a seal eh

You lining your bitch?

You lining your bitch?

maybe, just looking around for a stud just now, why?

You lining your bitch?

just asking. What ya thinking about lining it with?

My bitch broke its neck other week. Gutted!

Even more gutted cause never got pup from her.

You lining your bitch?

just asking. What ya thinking about lining it with?

My bitch broke its neck other week. Gutted!

Even more gutted cause never got pup from her.

storm ? what a pisher mate i'm gutted we all liked her here

i understand where you guy's are coming from but there are downsides to working them almost daily, wee strains and pulls take ages to heal cos they're not getting a complete rest, at times it seems theres always a wee tear, thorn or claw needing attention, theres always bunnies needing gutted etc i know i've extolled the working virtues of the collie x but maybe their bouncebackability and general toughness is as important. enjoy your time out with your mutts when your home and let them enjoy the rest when your away and my poor mutts are limping their way through the rabbit population

and the rest off the time we are on your land :whistling:

maybe so dave but your mutts aren't catching them as well as a pish hancock :thumbs:

last nite

jazzand8006.jpg

the night before when you were out just up the road and struggled

bunnies006.jpg

even my show pony has got in on the act with this good weather

bunnies004.jpg

apologies moo for hijacking your post but some of the partimers need showing how the old guys do it :tongue2:

• Like 1