german shepherd X greyhound

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a few days summertime ferreting (pest control in nz)with my white shepherd bitch and my 3/4 grey 1/4 white shepherd bitch   All the rabbits are to be killed whatever their

mate i couldnt give feck what you think and i think you know that, i will be going to few local shows this summer , come over and tell me again what you think of me , just in case i forget as yo

And all this from an add on donedeal for a lurcher pup,this site is ferkin amazing,lol.

Posted Images

it does have a nice streight back that black bitch,, which is nice to see,,, but it does have steeply sloaping pasturns

they look ok to me Tomo, 3rd pic she looks square to me,( not ) down sloping down like alot of show stuff you see about. She as nice healthy shape, and back to geyhound they should be spot on anyaway :thumbs:

I can see what Tomo's saying bit drooped and dont seem up on her toes type thing very flat in posture, BUT dont get me wrong she is a much better type than most you see theses days,

Best of luck with the breeding fellahs...

it does have a nice streight back that black bitch,, which is nice to see,,, but it does have steeply sloaping pasturns

they look ok to me Tomo, 3rd pic she looks square to me,( not ) down sloping down like alot of show stuff you see about. She as nice healthy shape, and back to geyhound they should be spot on anyaway :thumbs:

yes i agree har back is streight ,,,, but im on about her pasturns,,,, the bit above her front feet to her anckle,,

yes i agree har back is streight ,,,, but im on about her pasturns,,,, the bit above her front feet to her anckle,,

her pasturns are very slopped, a lot of hard running might take its toll on the joints in a running dog with pasturns like that :hmm:

Forequarter Terminology

resizedimage300251-skeleton-greyhound-front_2.jpg

Forequarter Terminology

The important concepts to understand about forequarter terminology are:

1. The withers is the highest point of the shoulder blade and from whence the height of a dog is assessed
  2. The angle the shoulder blade forms with the humerus is called the 'lay of shoulder' while their junction is a joint called the 'point of shoulder'.
  3. The shoulder blade and humerus are attached to the dog by muscle only so the shape of the ribcage affects their placement
  4. The knee sometimes means the joint where the foreleg joins the pastern although technically the knee equates to the stifle joint.
  5. What is commonly called the pastern is actually the front pastern. This is the dogs' main shock absorber, so its length is important in dogs such as the Borzoi and this Greyhound whose skeleton is illlustrated, whose double suspension gallop requires great flexibility.

HER PASTERN DO SEEM TO BE AT AN ANGLE , BUT I WOUKD NOT SEE THAT HAS A OPROBLEM WHEN GOING TO A GOOD GREY , and i can well understand ones passing coment on this but how many times do we see animals that on the balance of perfect structure , at times fail the test in the field , where has most of us will have seen animals that dont look like theyre worth a , t... and can be put tp the sword so to speak and pass with flying colours . everythiing being equal a well put together animal some would say they are superior , but superior tpo what the eye , there aint a breed on the planet that dont carry one deficiency or other , upright shoulders on animals generally bring them in tight and this by some can be seen to be a fault . atb bunnys.

• Like 1

its a nice looking bitch me1,but it not all about looks its whats inside her that counts, i believe she,s been bred for work so she should be a very good bitch, and as for faults i think once there crossed most of them disapear if not all, people who have owned the x always seem to speak highly of them, so i cant understand why there is not more about, could it be the same reason why police patrol car drivers always grow moustache,s ( and the women ) and bouncers always shave their heads,all the best talks cheap.

• Like 1

very true bunnys,, :thumbs: and as you say put to a grey will no dowt put that fault right,, just thought it needed pointing out as evryone was great looking dog ect,,,, without properly looking at the animal....

now all they need to do is put it to the correct greyhound stud dog :thumbs:

very true bunnys,, :thumbs: and as you say put to a grey will no dowt put that fault right,, just thought it needed pointing out as evryone was great looking dog ect,,,, without properly looking at the animal....

she should be going to Maxhardcore kennels ( Razzmatazz) very good dog brother to (England Expects) Top proven greyhounds :thumbs:

she should be going to Maxhardcore kennels ( Razzmatazz) very good dog brother to (England Expects) Top proven greyhounds :thumbs:

imo Razzmatazz is as good a choice as any :thumbs: i am pretty sure i have read England Expects record on this forum some where and hes also a good dog so the breeding appears to be good.

imo Razzmatazz is as good a choice as any :thumbs: i am pretty sure i have read England Expects record on this forum some where and hes also a good dog so the breeding appears to be good.

:yes: Good luck with the breeding

I have no doubt there will be those very interested how this breeding goes on and how the welps turn out , i for one have made it no secret i am very fond of the xs , just hope all goes well for me1 , and they are placed in to the right hands of those who will get the best from them . atb bunnys.