gaining a permission

Hi guys.

This may be a stupid question but here goes..... Is it easier to gain a permission for corvids than pigeon? There are quite a few permissions around my area but there are also a lot of people on the permissions already and they seem to only go after pigeon so was wondering if I would stand a better chance if I my main target was the crow family?

I would obviously have a pop at pigeon aswell for the oven but I find crow shooting alot more satisfying and challenging.

regards

Steve

But unless you where only going round shooting out the nests your going to be after the same thing ,If those guys decoy pigeons they will also be shooting any crows etc that come in . On a lot of farmers here where there's little else there's only the pigeons hitting crops the landowners give permission to a large number of guns hoping to have somebody out all the time to keep the pigeons moving and its stipulated if somebody else has set up you move on ,Knock the doors and ask youve nothing to loose mate .

Just a small point, but be very careful about stating you wish to shoot Pigeons for the oven. Believe it or not but shooting to Pigeons to eat is illegal. Pigeons can only be shot under General Licence as pest control, either to prevent damage to crops or prevent the spread of disease. Therefore you can only shoot them for those reasons, if you choose to eat them after then all well and good. But if the Police asked you why you were shooting them, and you said "to eat" Then you would be guilty of a crime under the Countryside and Wildlife act. Crazy but true! ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.